Seed Health Testing Laboratory Lead
Apply Now Apply Later Req ID 01UNS Date posted 11/02/2018
Apply Now Apply Later
The North America/Mexico Quality Testing Team is seeking an inspirational and forward-thinking Seed Health Testing Laboratory Lead. This position will be located at our Seed Health Testing facility in Woodland, CA, reports to the NAM Quality Testing Lead and will be part of the extended Global Quality Testing Leadership Team.
This position will oversee all aspects of lab operations, ensuring teams meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Key focus areas will be in developing strategies that foster a customer centric vision, new technology development & implementation and a continuous improvement mindset within the team through a culture built on a foundation of employee empowerment.
- Leadership expectations include:
- Create a learning and empowering environment that prioritizes inclusion and diversity.
- Foster a ONE TEAM culture across the lab with focus on data quality and efficiency.
- Manage a team of leaders focused on delivering data in alignment with SLAs across multiple workflows.
- Manage the work team’s resource needs including partnering with contingent labor vendors
- Ensure all health, safety and environmental requirements are met. Enable a culture of safety and promote awareness, training and accountability to HSE procedures.
- Pursue an integrated Supply Chain. Understand and align service level agreements across stakeholders in a global footprint.
- Prioritize initiatives that positively impact the customer experience.
- Ensure operating and CAPEX plans are well established, aligned with the business, justified and communicated.
- Ensure the successful integration of new science, technology and automation solutions.Ensure data generated is governed by approved, validated methods and complies with applicable regulations, certifications and/or accreditations.
- B.S./M.S. degree in life sciences, supply chain management or related field with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Caring leader with the ability to attract and develop new and different skills sets.
- An open mind with an inclusive approach to problem-solving and decision-making.
- Able to contingency plan and risk-adjust to meet timelines and deliver results.
- Solutions-oriented / able to listen to business needs and align thinking, actions and behavior.
- Excellent written and verbal articulation skills.
- Able to express ideas clearly and simplistically.
- Able to create momentum, set strategy and drive towards quantitative results for the business
- Experience in a laboratory environment and with lab automation systems
- Direct experience within a production system environment and/or Lean Six Sigma methods
- Seed production and seed regulatory experience