At Monsanto you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to do extraordinary things. By incorporating cutting-edge technology and your experience, you will push the limits of agricultural technology and help change the world. Are you ready to begin?
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful at Monsanto? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
We at Monsanto are more than 20,000 employees dedicated to contributing to a smarter way to feed the world. You can find us at 404 facilities across 67 countries. We’re a diverse group of thinkers with one common goal: helping to make a balanced meal accessible. Together, we foster a culture of inclusion and innovation and we are working for sustainable agriculture.Learn More
What's this job
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
- Organize, and coordinate Woodland’s Crop Production activities, meeting program objectives/milestones
- Provide Greenhouse and Grow Room capacity management and planning activities
- Lead Grower Teams in the production of successful results for all greenhouse and grow room crop programs while meeting all compliance and regulatory requirements
- Provide direction and oversight to the Grower Teams to ensure that all crops meet agreed to expectations
- Responsible for irrigation, fertigation, lighting, pests control, automation etc.
- Interact and work with a variety of Partners to achieve their crop goals. Maintain effective communications, relationships and collaborations with this diverse customer and employee base
- Ensure appropriate resources are available to all GH users following company guidelines and meeting budget
- Lead the Indoor Plant Growing maintenance and repair team to ensure coordination with the Facility Teams resulting in reliable and stable environments and equipment for the crops
- Provide necessary input for all new construction of Greenhouse and Grow Room projects on site
- Lead safety and Phytosanitation programs for the Crop Production Teams ensuring compliance with all regulations and protocols.
- Attend all relevant training sessions to keep in compliance with regulations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Crop Production teams. Attend appropriate meetings while providing leadership to both regular and contract employees
- Responsible for meeting all program requirements of the department
- Responsible for People Management for regular, full-time Monsanto employees and third party employees
- Carries out supervisory and managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include: employee development, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Ability to work alongside the crew should it be found necessary to help or advance a project.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with greenhouse automation desired
- Demonstrated effectiveness in supervisory and management skills
- Minimally have an Applicator certificate (QAC)
- QAL and PCA a plus
- Driver’s license
- Software: Microsoft Office, ability to use QComm and/or Argus , Pet Tiger preferred
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More