UX Designer-UIUC Innovation Center
Monsanto Innovation Center - Let’s Reimagine Together
At the Monsanto Innovation Center, we use digital tools and data to drive agricultural innovations which increase efficiency and reduce the amount of water, land, and energy necessary to meet the world’s food, fuel, and fiber needs.
Monsanto is a global modern agriculture company. We develop products and tools to help farmers around the world grow crops while using energy, water, and land more efficiently. We believe innovation has the potential to bring humanity’s needs in balance with the resources of our planet. Monsanto is a Fortune 500 company with over 20,000 employees in 69 countries around the globe.
Employees will help accelerate Monsanto’s growth in emerging technologies and capabilities including engineering, data science, advanced analytics, operations research, phenomics, genomics, plant science and precision breeding technologies. At Monsanto, we believe connecting new talent, ideas and innovations accelerates the discovery needed to feed and sustain our world. Be part of the future of agriculture and design solutions that impact product development and farmers globally.
Who You Are
You are an upbeat, solution-oriented, creative thinker, with a passion for design and user experience principles in all media. You are a life-long learner. You live and breathe design, have a contagious work ethic with an impeccable attention to detail. You strive to produce the work at the highest quality standards and absorb design knowledge and trends.
What You'll Do
- Concepting - In partnership with the team, own creation of wireframes, user journeys, flow charts, use cases and prototypes.
- Design - Leverages a competent understanding of user interface design and visual design fundamentals and techniques in generating an effective range of layouts for all elements of the creative solution that address project objectives while considering technology requirements.
- Collaboration - Works enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively with other project team members, has a clear understanding of how a project team operates,
What You Need to Know
- Advanced command of standard design and layout applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and HTML5 and CSS.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize feedback/direction from Product Owner and Users to generate design explorations and iterate to the satisfaction of the project lead.
- Must be registered as a full-time UIUC student
- Must be able to commute to the work location daily
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0, or equivalent
- Available up to 20 hours/week during the academic year
- Available up to 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester