Software Engineer-UIUC Innovation Center
At the Monsanto Innovation Center, we use digital tools and data to drive agricultural innovations which increase efficiency and reduce the amount of water, land, and energy necessary to meet the world’s food, fuel, and fiber needs.
Monsanto is a global modern agriculture company. We develop products and tools to help farmers around the world grow crops while using energy, water, and land more efficiently. We believe innovation has the potential to bring humanity’s needs in balance with the resources of our planet. Monsanto is a Fortune 500 company with over 20,000 employees in 69 countries around the globe.
Employees will help accelerate Monsanto’s growth in emerging technologies and capabilities including engineering, data science, advanced analytics, operations research, phenomics, genomics, plant science and precision breeding technologies. At Monsanto, we believe connecting new talent, ideas and innovations accelerates the discovery needed to feed and sustain our world. Be part of the future of agriculture and design solutions that impact product development and farmers globally.
Computer Scientist / Software Engineer
Education level: Upper classman or graduate student
- You crank through your class assignments to focus on your side projects.
- You’ve got your finger on the pulse of emerging technology and can predict what will and what won’t catch on.
- You work collaboratively with your team as you know together you’ll get more done.
- You bring a rebellious spirit to solving traditional problems.
- Testing is not an option.
Full-Stack Developers (app dev):
- You dive into front-end technologies such as Node.js, React, Angular2, HTML5, CSS 3, etc.
- You understand the importance of creating responsive web experiences and have done so in the past.
- You are comfortable with languages such as Java, Go, Scala, and Python.
- Database experience with both relational database management systems as well as nosql and you know when to use each.
- You have deployed web apps or APIs to a cloud service such as AWS or OpenStack.
- You get GitHub and espouse the benefits of source control.
- You’ve spent time learning Unity3D, Unreal, or another 3D gaming engine.
- You have experience designing games or game-like experiences.
- You can speak to what has and what hasn’t worked in the VR space. This could include anything from types of experiences, to hardware, to how to keep people from getting sick while using VR.
AI/Machine Learning-Specific Requirements:
- Python is your best friend.
- You’ve used, or are interested in, Jupyter.
- You have leveraged Machine Learning tools such as TensorFlow, Turi, and Amazon Machine Learning (AML).
- You can explain how a Recurrent Neural Network works as well as talk about popular variants.
- You’ve leveraged GPU processing when training a model.
- You’ve taken advantage of available cloud computing resources such as those provided by AWS, Azure, IBM, etc.
- Must be registered as a full-time upperclassmen or graduate student at UIUC
- Must be able to commute to the work location daily
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0, or equivalent
- Available up to 20 hours/week during the academic year
- Available up to 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester