Mechanical Engineer-UIUC Innovation Center
Monsanto Innovation Center - Let’s Reimagine Together
At the Monsanto Innovation Center, we use digital tools and data to drive agricultural innovations which increase efficiency and reduce the amount of water, land, and energy necessary to meet the world’s food, fuel, and fiber needs.
Monsanto is a global modern agriculture company. We develop products and tools to help farmers around the world grow crops while using energy, water, and land more efficiently. We believe innovation has the potential to bring humanity’s needs in balance with the resources of our planet. Monsanto is a Fortune 500 company with over 20,000 employees in 69 countries around the globe.
Employees will help accelerate Monsanto’s growth in emerging technologies and capabilities including engineering, data science, advanced analytics, operations research, phenomics, genomics, plant science and precision breeding technologies. At Monsanto, we believe connecting new talent, ideas and innovations accelerates the discovery needed to feed and sustain our world. Be part of the future of agriculture and design solutions that impact product development and farmers globally.
Do you have a passion to:
- Draw inspiration from individuals and solutions around you to solve unique problems?
- Creatively apply your unique talents in science, math, and engineering?
- Design and build concepts that inspire?
- Optimize your solutions with fervor until success is achieved?
Would you like the opportunity to:
- Learn fast in an exciting, energetic environment?
- Communicate and collaborate with world class engineers and problem solvers?
- Refine your skills through 3D design, simulation, fabrication, and hands on testing?
- See your efforts come to life and make a real difference?
- Must be registered as a full-time UIUC student
- Must be able to commute to the work location daily
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0, or equivalent
- Available up to 20 hours/week during the academic year
- Available up to 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
The successful candidate will need to possess skills in at least two of the following areas: 2D CAD, 3D CAD, simulation, subtractive and additive manufacturing, actuators, motors, pneumatics, hydraulics, safety systems, lighting, imaging.