Agronomic Research Specialist - Plant Propagation (Marana, AZ)
We are seeking a motivated Agronomic Research Specialist to join our growing team. This position will be located outside of Tucson, Arizona (near Marana, Arizona) and reporting to the Plant Establishment Lead.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of critical agronomic practices in a cutting-edge, automated protected culture environment focused on producing high quality corn plants and seedlings.
- Coordination of specific agronomy functions across growth chamber environments (environment, water, IPM), in collaboration with larger agronomy team and other site functional teams
- Develop and maintain robust and reliable agronomic protocols ensuring top quality plant production over plant growth cycle – seed planting through transplanting
- Continuous improvement of agronomic practices driven by analysis of data and plant performance metrics
- Operation of large scale greenhouse automation equipment (soil mixing, seeding line, transplanting line)
- Bachelors of Science degree required
- 3+ years of experience with plant production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills with experience in Microsoft programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Controlled environment experience
- The ability to trouble shoot plant health problems; plant knowledge/pest identification
- Greenhouse automation equipment operation and trouble shooting
- Experience using enterprise IT programs and databases
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018,
bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s
leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will
create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world.
We're a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough
innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites
until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career
opportunities available at the combined company by visiting