Workflow Design Specialist
We are currently looking for a creative, highly motivated individual for the role of Workflow Design Specialist. This role will be located in St. Louis, MO, reporting to the Pipeline Design Lead.
In this role, you will combine business acumen and technical knowledge from stakeholders to develop new processes for the global R&D pipeline. This is an exciting and challenging role for the candidate looking to apply strategic business thinking to cutting edge scientific and operational problems. The successful candidate will use creative and data-driven problem-solving skills to develop new processes, integrate ideas from key domain stakeholders, and present detailed proposals to leadership. A major focus of the role will be maintaining the effectiveness of an industry-leading global Row Crop Breeding R&D pipeline.
- Develop new workflows and processes for our global row crop breeding pipeline
- Work with scientists and operational domain experts to integrate new capabilities into global operations
- Lead stakeholders in developing clear data-driven business plans for implementation of new processes
- Build value statements for proposed future processes and present them effectively to leadership
- Use influencing and leadership skills to create consensus and alignment amongst stakeholders
- Use foresight and strategic planning to identify and prioritize new opportunities in global R&D operations
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Breeding, Agribusiness, Process Engineering, Operations Management, or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in Plant Breeding, R&D operations, Business Strategy, and/or Process Design
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, influencing people at varying levels of responsibility
- Proven ability to communicate complex business strategies in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Experience in aligning feedback from scientific & operational domain experts with business processes
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and proven problem-solving abilities
- Expertise in Plant Breeding R&D, Agricultural Operations, and/or Business architecture
- Experience translating business needs into design of processes, hardware, and/or software
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.