We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Software/Infrastructure Skilled
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Team Player
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Loves to Code
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are looking for a talented Front End Software Engineer. This role will be located in St. Louis, MO, reporting to the Software Engineering Lead.
Automation & Pipeline Connection (APC) Software Engineering builds applications ranging from data analysis and visualization tools which inform critical business decisions to intelligent machine integrations which drive our data-rich operations and logistics platform. Our products are used by a wide variety of users with diverse needs. Field workers, researchers, inventory specialists, and lab technicians all interface with one or more of our products every day. APC Software Engineering is a key spot where you can have an immediate impact on innovations that are changing our world. This position will lead the way to enabling a whole new world of process automation capabilities for Monsanto.
- Working with Product Owners/Business Partners understand business priorities and goals and guide software engineering team through appropriate application of Technical Architecture practice
- Hands on coding to help product team(s) to deliver on product goals/vision and accountability for technical stack and direction of the product platform
- Building sustainable products that are highly available, scalable, easy to maintain and fault tolerant, also providing continuous support for ongoing application availability and scalability.
- Working with architects and software engineers/developers across platform/product teams to evaluate emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience with the following:
- Concepts like asynchronous programming, closures, types, and ES6
- Responsive design and cross browser compatibility
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Experience with data visualization technologies such as Plotly, ag-grid, D3.js, and/or Bootstrap
- Experience creating user interfaces that feature large amounts of data and data visualization
- Ability to deliver quality in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- Experience with Test Driven Development using frameworks such as: Mocha, Jasmine, Cucumber, and Karma.
- Experience/familiarity with the following:
- Code repository management
- Code merge
- Quality checks
- Continuous integration
- Automated deployment & management using tools (such as Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Gulp, Grunt, and/or other comparable tools)
- Experience with server-side scripting (node.js)
- Familiarity with UX design best practices
- Experience with approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software
- Experience with setting up technical standards along with monitoring and reporting
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More