Monsanto’s mission is centered on finding agricultural solutions for a sustainable future.Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it.As such, we approach agriculture holistically, looking across a broad range of solutions from biotechnology, breeding to advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics.
To make this possible, we build great, innovative software that accelerates the complete R&D pipeline.Example solutions include real-time streaming analytics from connected devices, mobile data collection and visualization suites, big data genomics repositories, and geospatial computing systems, just to name a few.To build great software, we need great people.
We are currently looking for entry, intermediate and advanced-level Developers!
What you will do:
- Demonstrate passion and ownership by embracing all aspects of software development: analysis, development, testing and deployment.
- Be curious and proactive.Learn something new every day.
- Be ego-less! Ask for help, be willing to admit what you don’t know and willing to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Collaborate closely with team members and business community.
- Think through hard problems and work with a team to make them reality.
- Take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating.
Why you should join us!
- Open work space promotes collaboration and pairing in a fun, casual environment
- Innovation days, hack-a-thons, networking events, and volunteer opportunities
- Challenging how things are done is not just encouraged, it is expected
- Work with other top level talent solving a wide range of complex and unique challenges that have real world impact
- Ongoing focus on growth through training (domain and technical) and knowledge sharing through communities of agile teams
- Diverse technology stacks in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
- We value autonomous, self-organizing teams allowing you to have a real say in what you work on, who you work with, and how you work
- Our environment values your talent over a role or title. Strength of ideas trumps position on an org chart.
Check out our "Working at Monsanto" video. https://youtu.be/m8-mte8UzYg
What you should be awesome at:
- Consuming new technologies with relentless desire
- Customer engagement including ideation, design thinking, and seeking rapid feedback
- Developing large-scale, custom distributed software systems in Java, Scala and/or C#
- System design with SOA/REST/Microservices
- Relational database design and access (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Full scope test automation from unit to behavioral/functional to integration (e.g JUnit, ScalaTest, JBehave, Cucumber)
- Detailed technical problem solving and troubleshooting
Bonus points for:
- Agriculture domain knowledge
- Mobile development experience
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience with NoSQL stores (e.g., MongoDB, Couchbase, Neo4J)
- Experience with search/analytics tools (e.g. ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Cloud-first development experience with automated, continuous delivery deployments
- Experience with AWS or similar distributed architecture