At Monsanto you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to do extraordinary things. By incorporating cutting-edge technology and your experience, you will push the limits of agricultural technology and help change the world. Are you ready to begin?
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful at Monsanto? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Software/Infrastructure Skilled
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Team Player
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Loves to Code
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
We at Monsanto are more than 20,000 employees dedicated to contributing to a smarter way to feed the world. You can find us at 404 facilities across 67 countries. We’re a diverse group of thinkers with one common goal: helping to make a balanced meal accessible. Together, we foster a culture of inclusion and innovation and we are working for sustainable agriculture.Learn More
What's this job
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
Monsanto’s mission is centered on finding agricultural solutions for a sustainable future.Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it.As such, we approach agriculture holistically, looking across a broad range of solutions from biotechnology, breeding to advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics.
To make this possible, we build great, innovative software that accelerates the complete R&D pipeline.Example solutions include real-time streaming analytics from connected devices, mobile data collection and visualization suites, big data genomics repositories, and geospatial computing systems, just to name a few.To build great software, we need great people.
We are currently looking for entry, intermediate and advanced-level Developers!
What you will do:
- Demonstrate passion and ownership by embracing all aspects of software development: analysis, development, testing and deployment.
- Be curious and proactive.Learn something new every day.
- Be ego-less! Ask for help, be willing to admit what you don’t know and willing to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Collaborate closely with team members and business community.
- Think through hard problems and work with a team to make them reality.
- Take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating.
Why you should join us!
- Open work space promotes collaboration and pairing in a fun, casual environment
- Innovation days, hack-a-thons, networking events, and volunteer opportunities
- Challenging how things are done is not just encouraged, it is expected
- Work with other top level talent solving a wide range of complex and unique challenges that have real world impact
- Ongoing focus on growth through training (domain and technical) and knowledge sharing through communities of agile teams
- Diverse technology stacks in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
- We value autonomous, self-organizing teams allowing you to have a real say in what you work on, who you work with, and how you work
- Our environment values your talent over a role or title. Strength of ideas trumps position on an org chart.
Check out our "Working at Monsanto" video. https://youtu.be/m8-mte8UzYg
What you should be awesome at:
- Consuming new technologies with relentless desire
- Customer engagement including ideation, design thinking, and seeking rapid feedback
- Developing large-scale, custom distributed software systems in Java, Scala and/or C#
- System design with SOA/REST/Microservices
- Relational database design and access (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Full scope test automation from unit to behavioral/functional to integration (e.g JUnit, ScalaTest, JBehave, Cucumber)
- Detailed technical problem solving and troubleshooting
Bonus points for:
- Agriculture domain knowledge
- Mobile development experience
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience with NoSQL stores (e.g., MongoDB, Couchbase, Neo4J)
- Experience with search/analytics tools (e.g. ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Cloud-first development experience with automated, continuous delivery deployments
- Experience with AWS or similar distributed architecture
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More