We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Software/Infrastructure Skilled
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Team Player
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Loves to Code
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer. This role will be located in St. Louis, MO, reporting to the Software Engineering Lead.
Automation & Pipeline Connection (APC) Software Engineering builds applications ranging from data analysis and visualization tools which inform critical business decisions to intelligent machine integrations which drive our data-rich operations and logistics platform. Our products are used by a wide variety of users with diverse needs. Field workers, researchers, inventory specialists, and lab technicians all interface with one or more of our products every day. APC Software Engineering is a key spot where you can have an immediate impact on innovations that are changing our world. This position will lead the way to enabling a whole new world of process automation capabilities.
- You continually push yourself and others to improve.
- You choose action in the face of uncertainty.
- You are passionate about delivering quality code.
- You bring solutions to problems and find you are always full of ideas.
- You know software projects live and die by their teams and therefore strive to be the best teammate you can.
- You aren’t afraid to ask why.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with the following:
- Java and/or C#.NET development
- Object-oriented design experience, including applied use of design patterns and MVC technologies
- Experience designing and/or contributing to highly scalable and distributed software systems
- Experience with unit tests, integration testing, and test automation.
- Practical experience setting up and leveraging Amazon Web Services technologies
- Experience/familiarity with the following:
- Code repository management
- Code merge
- Quality checks
- Continuous integration
- Automated deployment & management using tools (such as Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Ant, Docker, and/or other comparable tool)
- Experience with stream processing (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka, Flink, etc.)
- Experience data modeling for large scale databases, either relational or NoSQL (graph, key: value, document, etc.)
- Experience with building APIs using GraphQL, node.JS, and other technologies
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More
- EME – Procurement Finance Analyst 12 months contract (maternity cover) Budapest, Budapest
- Seed Technician - Matthews, MO (Multiple Opportunities) Matthews, Missouri
- Process Engineer Muscatine, Iowa