Sales Operational Rotation Trainee
We are seeking a motivated Sales Operational Rotation Trainee. This position will be located in the US, reporoting to our Districts Sales Manager Trainee & Intern Lead.
We are committed to the success of our customers and our internal sales employees. To ensure the long-term success of both, we have created a two phase, Commercial Sales Rotational Program. Training classes begin in May 2019 and last approximately18-24 months, pending individual progress and development.
PHASE I – Seed Service Advisor (SSAT)
You will spend your first 12 months in St. Louis, MO working in the customer care organization. You will learn the skills and knowledge necessary to become a high-performing member of our US sales force. Working in St. Louis will help you build a strong network at the Bayer Crop Science headquarters.
- Build customer relationships that are based on commitment and trust; understand the customer and goals of the account; provide recommendations that add value to both the customer and Bayer
- Account Management: Utilize strategic planning & thinking skills to achieve business and operational objectives. Develop annual Operational Business Plans and operational execution
- Develop & maintain strong account relationships and coordinate internal resources cross-functionally (Logistics, Demand Planning, Sales, etc.) to solve problems and deliver solutions to accounts
- Negotiations & Conflict Management: Work across the matrix with internal and external partners to provide issue resolution to help deliver the customer experience.
- Gain an understanding of the Supply Chain systems, processes, departments, and functions
- Provide recommendations to customers, in partnership with sales, agronomists, and/or marketing, for alternative products or solutions
- Utilize knowledge of the agricultural business to predict customer concerns and proactively partner with other internal teams to address them
With the customer care position mastered, you will then to move onto phase II of sales training as a DSMT for 6-12 months. We will relocate & pair you with one of our leading District Sales Managers in the field and interact face-to-face with our customers.
- Work with a District Sales Manager in a defined territory to develop a solid base of district management, agronomic knowledge and sales skills
- Develop relationships with farmers and/or dealers & learn how to effectively identify and meet their seed needs
- Help the regional team achieve sales goals by successfully selling the value of our seed products, crop protection portfolio, and Climate platform
- Gaining a strong base of product and agronomic knowledge to assist with product placement and evaluation of seed products
- Learning how to successfully manage a sales district and coach your sellers
- Work closely with sales management to achieve annual business goals and long-term growth
Once the you complete Phase II successfully, you should be confident in your ability to successfully manage a sales territory on your own. At this time, you will be eligible to move to a sales territory to manage on your own, officially as a DSM.
- Provide agronomic support and sales advice to sales representatives at our retail partner locations
- Train and informing dealers and retail partners on new and existing products, placement and marketing programs.
- Manage direct selling activities to assigned accounts by developing and maintaining strong relationships
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of company branded products and services
- Develop a deep understanding of the goals and go-to-market strategy of your assigned retail partners,
- Use product knowledge and questioning ability to help dealers analyze and understand what training/education is needed to enhance sales
- Leverage business acumen to prioritize and allocate resources (marketing programs, funding, etc.) to help retailers accomplish their goals and optimize return on investment.
- Influence and collaborate with retail dealerships leveraging the ability to position and sell products
- Speak to company practices as it relates to current/future products, pricing and other corporate initiatives with dealers, growers and members of the community
- Manage multiple strategic partners who directly compete in the market
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative with the ability to set and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
- Results oriented with the ability to develop and execute strategy to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong customer service skills including negotiations & conflict management,
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and influencing skills
- Valid driver’s license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers.
- Some DSMT positions will involve hauling material that will put the driver under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. In those situations, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria, which will include passing a DOT physical.
- Ability to lift a 60-pound bag of seed.
- Willingness to relocate anywhere in the US (Monsanto supported) potentially up to 3 times during training and final territory placement.
- G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- BA/BS Degree required in Agriculture, Agronomy, Business, Supply Chain Management or related fields; MS/MBA preferred
- Prior sales experience
- Travel required
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.