Portfolio Data Analyst
Bayer’s North America Marketing and Product Management organization is looking for a Portfolio Data Analyst to join the Product Management team that is responsible for delivering cutting-edge technology and advancement of products to provide solutions to farmer customers, working with both soybean and corn crops.
The role is responsible for the design and development of portfolio data visualization and analysis tools that enable new insights and recommendations from relevant germplasm and deployment decisions, including performance evaluation, needs assessments, life-cycle metrics and agronomic segmentation. Data visualizations and insights will involve multi-layered agronomic, imagery, geo-spatial and environmental data (weather, soil attributes etc.,) utilizing advanced data modeling methodologies, predictive modeling and data mining techniques. The position will also contribute to the development of scalable data and analytical solutions to support Product Management, Breeding and Technology Development organizations.
This is a dynamic role that requires cross functional collaboration with key internal stakeholders, including: Breeding, IT, Global Supply Chain, The Climate Corp., Marketing & Product Management, Sales, and Global Technology Development & Agronomy teams.
• Deliver data solutions using innovative information technology solutions for analyzing data in alignment with experimental protocols, and other business relevant data sets
• Deliver clear data visualizations and dashboards that enable the analysis of trial results & reports to drive strategic decisions, knowledge transfer, and marketing/sales support as needed
• Develop and deliver the connection and access of Bayer data assets to effectively use multi-layered data to gain insight into the impact of agronomic and environmental factors on product performance and positioning
• Ability to utilize various scripting languages to provide access to multiple cloud based data technologies
• Contribute to development of predictive and scalable analytical tools for providing integrated solutions to growers collaborating with various stakeholders across company as needed
• Collaborate with other Data Scientists and stakeholders to standardize tools/develop best practices for experimental planning and trial set up, data collection, analysis and data utilization
• Actively engage Data Science colleagues within other Bayer disciplines for collaboration and learning
- B.S. in statistics, Information Technology, Engineering or other related quantitative or agronomic field, with experience utilizing data management and/or analysis techniques
- Experience with data science informatics tools such as R, SAP, Python, Spotfire, etc., and other software engineering tools
- Experience in data management, summarization and interpretation
- Clear proficiency in presentation, communication and team coordination skills
- Ability to work in a team environment collaboratively but function independently.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver across requests from multiple teams and individuals
- Experience in working with data assets with a strong understanding of commercial business metrics.
- A basic understanding of agricultural practices and conducting on-farm experiments
- Drive for continuous improvements and critical thinking which can be translated into research initiatives and reporting outputs that deliver business value
- Experience with utilizing and modeling environmental data, including soils and weather data, especially for understanding genotypic interactions with environment
- Strong foresight, planning, prioritization and organization skills
- Works with a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles, takes necessary risks; balancing big picture concerns with day-to-day activities
- Ability to identify and satisfy the needs of internal customers and continuously search for ways to provide value-added solutions
- Ability to lead and influence activities of cross-functional teams without direct reporting relationships