North America Logistics Lead
As a member of the North America Customer Care Leadership Team the purpose of this job is to manage the NA Logistics requirements for all business in the NA Commercial Business hub including Crop Protection, Row Crops, and Seed Applied Solutions (approximately $8Bn Revenue). The primary focus of the role is Customer Deliveries, however is responsible for coordination as needed of all product movement to support this objective. The Logistics Lead is responsible to ensure the capacity and performance of assets in the logistics network to meet revenue (volume) delivery targets and meet customer experience and brand touch point expectations. The organization has approximately 80 employees and 30 contractors with an annual budget of approximately $200 million.
• Set and execute Distribution Requirements Plans and internal product movements in coordination with other Supply Chain functions to achieve financial targets while managing operational constraints efficiently.
• Ensure alignment of the Logistics strategy and supporting resources with the Brand and Customer Experience strategy.
• Set requirements for reporting, metrics, and tracking to achieve business requirements.
• Lead and motivate a high performing and diverse team; attract, and retain key talent
• Support transformation efforts
• Provide leadership through participation on the following Teams:
o NA Customer Care Leadership Team
o Global Logistics Network
o Supply Chain Connect Team
o Crop Protection Leadership team (ad-hoc)
o Seed Applied Solutions Strategy Team
• Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, transportation and logistics, finance, or related field and/or equivalent experience
• 5+ years in senior level leadership
• 10+ years of management experience including leading distribution and supply chain organizations
• Demonstrated business planning, financial analysis, negotiation, and customer satisfaction skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of effective organization and project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, change management, and influencing presentation skills
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, supply chain, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
• Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
· Additional websites with helpful information:
· Finally, here are a few links to some YouTube videos with Monsanto employees talking about what it’s like to work here.
· Learn more about Monsanto and Bayer: Advancing Together