We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
- Research, design, testing, debug and documentation of mechanical and electromechanical systems, products, components, and subsequent application in laboratory, production, and/or agricultural field environments.
- Interacting with a multi-disciplined design team throughout the project lifecycle.
- Duties also involve developing documents to include work/user instructions, functional specifications, detailed design, and specifications.
- Pursuing a B.S. or M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Experience in designing/implementing mechanical/electromechanical systems
- Experience designing with 3D CAD.
- Experience with computer/PLC control of electromechanical systems
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks in an agile, fast-paced environment as part of dynamic multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to enthusiastically integrate into a larger team to successfully develop new technology
- A willingness to extend the candidate’s own scientific and engineering interests into new fields of research and development
- Excellent entrepreneurial thinking, innovation, and real world problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills for effective interactions with senior business/R&D stakeholders as well as peer groups and team members
- Experience using standard office productivity software; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Must be returning to school in the fall of 2019 to continue program of study
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More