We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are currently looking for a Lead Software Engineer – Automation and Controls. This role will be located in St. Louis, MO, reporting to the Software and Control Systems Lead.
As the Lead Software Engineer, you will help lead the way to realizing the Automation Engineering vision. The evolution of data connectivity, user experience, machine learning, and supporting hardware technologies has provided us with a toolset to create the next generation of mechatronic single seed systems. Systems which drive the R&D pipeline where every seed has an identify and every seed matters. Systems which are data driven and provide real-time results that enable decision-making capabilities of other machines and people. You will assume hands on ownership of the architecture, engineering, and development of the software systems that will facilitate a new generation of data and human connectivity across all of our systems.
- Develop and lead a team responsible for software design, development, and support for new and existing projects
- Lead the architecture, design, and development of mechatronic software systems and the related data management systems
- Ensure seamless enterprise integration of systems through proactive engagement with partner and customer business units
- Collaborate with automation platform and support teams to set prioritization of work for your team
- Collaborate with other automation software engineering leadership to establish and maintain technical alignment across groups
- Identify and maintain development best practices
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Three or more years leading software design and development teams
- Technical expertise (typically 7+ years):
- Designing and developing software systems related to mechatronics (HMI, controller, and data management sub-systems)
- Programming in high level languages – primarily C# (3.0 and greater)
- Proven professional experience (typically 7+ years):
- Effectively communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Engaging business partners and stakeholders to drive requirements definition
- Learning domain specific technologies in order to build efficient and effective systems
- Driving success by analyzing, identifying, and taking action in a collaborative environment
- Succeeding in roles of increasing responsibility
- Experience in customer engagement including ideation, design thinking, and seeking rapid feedback
- Developing with the .NET framework
- Python 2 and 3 development
- Developing software that interfaces motion controllers, linear/stepper/servo motors, drives, and PLCs
- Experience using fieldbus protocols such as EtherCAT, SynqNet, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus, Profibus, CANopen
- M2M development using protocols over TCP/IP
- Developing with persistence technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle, SQLite, PostgreSQL
- Experience with full-stack development
- Experience developing on both Unix-like and Windows platforms
- Understanding the value and application of machine learning, neural networks, and analytics tools
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem and the different services offered
- Familiarity/Experience with Genetic/Molecular Breeding/Analysis technologies
- 7+ years of experience developing software systems interfacing systems via REST and/or SOAP architectures
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More