At Monsanto, the challenges we face are sometimes microscopic, sometimes global and sometimes both. That’s why our commitment to technology is unwavering. We continue to develop new products and solutions for farmers around the world, and continue to receive accolades for innovation. In our IT Group, we integrate technology and scientific expertise into our efforts to revolutionize plant breeding and biotechnology.
As an IT professional with Monsanto, the work you perform will be interesting and challenging, and you’ll be involved in the development of new systems and applications. That’s why we’ve been ranked among the Top 100 Companies by Information Week, and among the 100 Best Places for IT Workers by Computerworld.
The Technical Platforms organization develops strategies, roadmaps and architectures for IT based solutions and is responsible for all IT Technical Platforms. The Platforms consist of discrete Products that require architectural design, engineering and integration as well as a high degree of automation.
As an IoT Architect you will drive cutting-edge design of Internet-of-Things (IoT) ecosystem that involves delivering capabilities which drive significant optimizations of our supply chain including precision agriculture, manufacturing, transportation, warehousing to customer delivery. You will be responsible for the technical direction of our Engineering function and ensure delivery solutions are technically sound, resilient to failure and operationally supportable. We are looking for technical though leaders who exhibit strong leadership skills, are forward thinking, and will work effectively in diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for innovation and excellence.
- Design and oversee development IoT platform ecosystem including edge sensors, gateways, aggregators and actuators, mesh networks, IoT cloud services such as data ingestion, device provisioning, analytics and orchestration.
- Partner with product management and product development to drive adoption and massively scale IoT capabilities throughout the enterprise
- Identify architectural risks and plans to mitigate
- Define, apply, and drive the use of patterns, best practices, and standards
- Ensure strategies, standards, and architectures are consistent and integrated across IT domains
- Market & sell decisions with senior leaders and other stakeholders
- High school diploma required. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years proven experience in planning, implementing, operating, managing, and integrating complex enterprise IT systems. Experience should include knowledge of infrastructure, application development, security, and cloud technologies
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience as an IoT architect or engineer working large IoT Platform deployment
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to grow relationships with key partners and suppliers
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations using critical thinking skills and be decisive while working cooperatively with others
- Ability to lead by influence and drive change with ability to prioritize multiple efforts and drive to results
- Ability to provide guidance to the engineering team members
- Experience in evaluating, recommending, and integrating third-party tools and software in a large enterprise
- Deep experience and knowledge of multiple technical domains including server operating systems, web application servers, middleware, compute, network, workload automation, and cloud deployment patterns. Includes Cloud Management Platforms and IT operations automation tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, PowerShell) on Linux and other OS;
- Experience designing, deploying, and managing infrastructure components (e.g. OS, storage, network, data protection, management tools) in ways that provide flexibility in how components and data are hosted (e.g. private cloud, public cloud)