We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Software/Infrastructure Skilled
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Team Player
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Loves to Code
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are seeking a motivated Information Security Architect. This position will be located in St. Louis, MO reporting to our Cyber Threat ＆ Intelligence Lead.
The Information Security Architect leads the design and development of innovative security architectures for protecting data and securing corporate networks and endpoints. This position will directly contribute to the overall security architecture related to US Agriculture. The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to partner with other leaders across the business, to identify opportunities and risks related to our operating environment, and to develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies while protecting Bayer’s intellectual property globally.
- Expertise – Collaborate with Product Managers, Platform Leads, and Information Security teams to architect and design security solutions. Knowledge of cloud security services such as AWS Identity and Access Management, Inspector, Cloud formation, VPCs, Anti-Virus, Firewalls, and DLP products are essential.
- Delivery – Complete architecture assessments across projects, prove use of security solutions to support new distributed computing solutions that span private cloud and public cloud services, and assist with reviewing and implementing DLP, Anti-Virus, and other security related technologies.
- Security Technology Strategy - Work with engineering, service and business teams to create technology roadmaps.
- Design and develop security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems, as well as endpoint and network protection. Based on business requirements, design and implement solutions that are technically sound, resilient to failure, and operationally supportable with a minimal degree of risk to Monsanto and with appropriate security controls present.
- Leads training and technical forums, serves as both a formal and informal mentor, and executes other initiatives designed to share knowledge across Security Platforms and/or Technology teams. Identifies, recommends, coordinates, and/or conducts informal/formal training sessions to deliver timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools. Develops and executes strategies to increase Security knowledge throughout the enterprise, as well as developing and mentoring more-junior security analysts and engineers.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to develop long term security strategies helping to enable business strategies
- Work with the Digital Strategy team to identify security product vendor relationships pertaining to: cloud, IoT, and emerging security ventures. Responsible for recommendations involving the selection and deployment of 3rd party data security products
- Perform Vendor Assessments, and documentation of recommendations
- Perform security and architecture assessments of IT systems, designs, products, solutions, and partners
- Documentation of security strategies (Cloud, IoT, Managed Services, Reference Architectures), deployment plans, and business data focus
- Lead work group discussions across business units
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- A minimum of 5-8 years of Information Security experience
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience with Security Architecture and/or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (such as secure software development/Application Security, data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting)
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of managed services and security best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of data Encryption technologies applied against: Regulated structured data, Unstructured data, Backups, Email, File Sharing
- Applied knowledge and/or experience in two or more of the following Monitoring technologies: Central Logging, Data Access Monitoring, DLP, Big Data Analytics, Advanced Perimeter Monitoring, Endpoint Malware & Monitoring, Digital Rights Management
- Applied knowledge and/or experience in two or more of the following Access Control technologies: Access Governance, GRC, PAAM, Network Access Control, Tokenization, Identity Access Management, Database Permissions, Digital Rights Management
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with implementing a security control framework (ISO, NIST, COBIT).
- Demonstrated ability to engage with senior leaders to define requirements and implement technology solutions that add value and reduce risk
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with managing complex projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively in a written format
- Cloud Security and Architecture related certifications (Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, Amazon AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional)
- Java EE software development experience, and experience with authentication/authorization in Java EE application servers (WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, etc)
- Architecture of mobile platform (iOS, Android) solutions integrated with cloud-based services
- Detailed understanding of SSL/TLS protocols and certificate-based solutions
- Experience architecting solutions with other cloud providers in addition to AWS
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Experience in BCP/DR, Retention & Legal Hold, Security Council, Information Security Training & Awareness
- Experience in driving a project from the inception of a strategy, definition of requirements, product selection, implementation, and into operational support. This would include project management and organizational skills
- Highly technical across a broad range of computing platforms and network protocols
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More