We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Add some skills for this category
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are seeking a motivated Security Architect. This position will be located in St. Louis, Mo and reporting to our Emerging Threats Lead. This position is accountable for assisting management in the creation and implementation of our global emerging risks and security strategy for a variety of operating environments. The team works to identify and secure critical data, and new environments, across each business segment of Bayer. This position is empowered to grow the cloud security strategy and partner with key business stakeholders to ensure understanding of and alignment with their business goals.
- Developing the cloud security strategy. Accountable for partnering with stakeholders, IT and Business Teams to ensure understanding of and alignment with their business goals to develop a cloud and emerging risks security strategy for Bayer globally
- Influencing the strategy around security and control requirements for long term enterprise projects
- Collaborate with internal business partners to develop long term security strategies helping to enable business strategies
- Working with teams to identify and manage security products and vendor relationships pertaining to; cloud, IoT and emerging security ventures. Responsible for recommendations involving the selection and Lifecycle Management of 3rd party data security products
- Perform Vendor and Application Risk Assessments, and documentation of recommendations
- Documentation of security strategies (Cloud, Managed Services, Reference Architectures), deployment plans, and business data focus
- Leading work group discussions across business units
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5-7 years of relevant Information Security experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of managed services and security best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of data Encryption technologies applied against: Regulated structured data, Unstructured data, Backups, Email, File Sharing.
- Applied knowledge and/or experience in two or more of the following Monitoring technologies: Centralized Logging, Data Access Monitoring, DLP, Big Data Analytics, Advanced Perimeter Monitoring, Endpoint Malware & Monitoring, Digital Rights Management
- Applied knowledge and/or experience in two or more of the following Access Control technologies: Access Governance, GRC, PAAM, Network Access Control, Tokenization, Identity Access Management, Database Permissions, Digital Rights Management
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with implementing a security control framework (ISO, NIST, COBIT)
- Demonstrated ability to engage with senior leaders to define requirements and implement technology solutions that add value and reduce risk
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with managing complex projects
- Strong foundational knowledge of all domains of security
- Process oriented and strong documentation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong written skills and presentation skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- CISSP or other related IT Security certification
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices
- Knowledge of Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS, Serverless, API’s, OAuth
- Information Security experience with background in Security Architecture
- Applied knowledge and/or experience with information security policy and standard development, enforcement and compliance with internal controls
- Knowledge of industry regulations related to PII, PHI and PCI data
- Experience in BCP/DR, Retention & Legal Hold, Incident Response
- Experience in driving a project from the inception of a strategy, definition of requirements, product selection, implementation, and into operational support. This would include project management and organizational skills
- Highly technical across a broad range of computing platforms and network protocols
- Background in Agriculture, Biotechnology, or other industry specific experience
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More