Digital Partnerships & Innovation Summer Associate
At Bayer Crop Science, we’re focused on finding innovative solutions for the big challenges we face in agriculture. Bayer Crop Science is a sustainable agriculture company. We deliver precision agricultural products that support farmers all around the world. We are focused on empowering farmers—large and small—to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world's natural resources such as water and energy. We do this with our leading seed brands in crops like corn, cotton, oilseeds and fruits and vegetables. We also produce leading in-the-seed trait technologies for farmers, which are aimed at protecting their yield, supporting their on-farm efficiency and reducing their on-farm costs. Through programs and partnerships, we collaborate with farmers, researchers, nonprofit organizations, universities and others to help tackle some of the world’s biggest challenges.
The Global Digital Strategy and Innovation Team is constantly looking to identify emerging technologies within the digital enterprise space to help infuse information technology adoption within Bayer Crop Science at the time of its inception. We leverage cutting edge information technologies to directly participate in revolutionizing digital agriculture and to enhance Bayer Crop Science’s ability to deliver innovative solutions that solve the world’s most pressing agricultural challenges. Here you’ll find a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to do extraordinary things on a global scale.
The Opportunity: Digital Partnerships & Innovations Summer Associate
We are seeking a Summer Associate within our Digital Strategy and Innovation Team. As part of an MBA-focused internship program, you will be joining a team of high-performing MBAs and PhDs that is constantly looking for new ways of conducting business, engaging our customers, modernizing our platforms and applying data and analytics. The ability to couple business opportunities with breakthrough technologies lends itself to a unique opportunity within our organization. Reporting to the Digital Partnerships & Innovation Lead, you will be assigned a discrete, high-visibility project focused on connecting Bayer Crop Science to new external digital partnerships to drive innovation and accelerate digital transformation. As a capstone you will present to a panel of senior leadership at the end of the summer.
You will also be assigned a senior management-mentor in Global Strategy, and will work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders across Climate Corp, Growth Ventures, R&D, Product Supply, customer operation and customer care to evaluate transformation, investment and partnership opportunities made possible by digital technologies. You are expected to challenge the status quo, reimagine business processes wearing digital lenses and recommend digital opportunities for implementation. To be successful, you will develop relationships with a wide range of decision makers, technologists and innovators to build digital use cases and new portfolio opportunities.
Specific responsibilities and qualifications:
- In-depth study of digital transformation by others, apply the learnings, and redefine business processes and capabilities as a digital agriculture company.
- Experience engaging and navigating start-up ecosystems
- Build financial models, analyze financial returns, resources, risks and operational implications for agriculture business and enable comparisons to current and future competitors.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA or a graduate degree with emphasis in strategy, finance, entrepreneurship or marketing, required.
- 2+ years’ experience with strategic planning, market research, financial modeling or portfolio management, required.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and training.
- Demonstrated ability in reducing complex concepts and putting innovation ideas to practice.
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation.
Desirable (but not required) skills and qualifications:
- Past Venture Capital or Private Equity experience
- Strong ability to influence and motivate people through formal & informal channels.
- 2+ years with a top-tier management consulting or financial services firm.
- Knowledge and experience of intellectual property.