Monsanto is passionate about using Data Science and Information Technology to improve agriculture. Data Science is critical to Monsanto’s success today and in the future as we transform into an Information Services company. We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our Global IT Analytics team. The Global IT Analytics team looks to find creative and innovative solutions to enable success within our R&D, supply chain and commercial organizations while identifying and capitalizing on new opportunities to maintain and grow our position as a digital agriculture market leader. The ability to examine and optimize our current methods coupled with an eye on the future lends itself to a unique opportunity within Monsanto and our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate individual to join a multidisciplinary team of data scientists and engineers who work on real world problems.
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Develop strategies to identify new opportunities and expand existing methods, provide insights, and build practical solutions to complex business problems
- Apply advanced analytics skills to turn data into competitive advantage and make recommendations for data-driven business decisions
- Masters degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative disciplines required. PhD in similar disciplines preferred.
- At least three years experience applying sophisticated scientific methods to market, customer analytics using statistical and mathematical programming packages such as R, Python, Scala)
- Deep understanding of advanced analytics methods
- Ability to turn complex data into predictive and predictive insights
- Experience analyzing and presenting complex data and proven problem solving abilities
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, influencing people at varying levels of responsibility
- Experience modeling industry and market trends, competitive threats.
- Ability to understand the market through product analytics, sales insight, market research and competitive analysis.
- Customer analytics, customer profiling and segmentation. Evaluate customer segment characteristics across multiple dimensions, producing customer demographic, psychographic, financial, and behavioral profiles to drive client marketing strategies and tactics.
- Experience with:
- Hadoop, Spark, cloud computing
- SFDC and SAP platforms and data
- Spatio-temporal modeling
- Experience working with agricultural/biological scientific data
- Strong publication record in leading scientific journals
- Drive for translating business problems into research initiatives that deliver business value
- Structure complex and ambiguous problems, synthesize findings, develop innovative options, and make recommendations