We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Software/Infrastructure Skilled
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Team Player
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Loves to Code
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Cloud/AWS Engineer. This role will be located in St. Louis, MO, reporting to the Developer Enablement Platform Lead. The preferred location for this role is St. Louis, MO, but we will also consider remote candidates who are able to travel.
The team is part of the Developer Enablement Technical Platform, focusing on delivering solutions to our Product Development teams to enable them to spend more time building business logic and less time worrying about how to operationalize their code. The Cloud Engineering team focuses on building self-service, automated tools for managing cloud-based infrastructure. Engineers in the Cloud Engineering team partner with developers across IT to automate existing processes and champion the culture of Agile and DevOps. We operate across a wide gamut of disciplines including cloud infrastructure, security, automation, identity management, developer productivity, IoT, analytics, and more. We approach all of these problems with an eye towards automation and monitoring for compliance, rather than traditional separation of duties. We also provide support and consulting to teams where needed but look to solve common problems through automation and self-service tools we will develop.
- Possess broad, up-to-date technical skills across the core domains of software and IT infrastructure
- Have proficiency with all aspects of the software development process (Agile planning, testing, development, performance optimization, refactoring, debugging, production support), and all components of software delivery (infrastructure, networking, operating systems, middleware, application runtimes, service integration, data and databases, production monitoring)
- Leverage expertise in programming languages, algorithms and data structures, distributed computing and multi-threading, distributed databases, fault-tolerance, relational and non-relational data modeling and other advanced topics that power modern applications
- Be a self-directed learner who keeps your skills up to date with the latest technologies Solve problems, even with complex and high-uncertainty challenges
- Effectively communicate in a cross functional team and persuasively promote innovative new approaches that bring value to your customers
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) and at least 5 years of software development experience, OR
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of software development experience
- Demonstrated experience with the following:
- AWS Cloud Operations - running real workloads in the cloud and diagnosing and fixing problems
- Programming using at least two of: Node.js, ES6, Scala, Python, and Java
- A variety of relational and non-relational data stores
- Working in a continuous delivery environment
- Creating RESTful microservices
- Containerization technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with standard logging, monitoring, and alerting tools, such as Splunk
- A passion for building highly automated systems
- A good understanding of security best practices
- Knowledge of/experience with the following:
- AWS Lambda
- AWS Cloud Formation (or Hashicorp Terraform)
- AWS Tagging
- Hashicorp Vault
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- VPC design and implementation, including VPN strategies such as the transit VPC pattern.
- Experience provisioning and maintaining highly-available, fault-tolerant IT infrastructure including servers, storage, and data stores
- Google Cloud Operations experience
- AWS Cloud certification
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More
- Summer Field Breeding Associate - Fort Saskatchewan, AB Alberta
- Customer Interface Account Specialist Budapest, Budapest
- Regulatory Affairs Analyst Sr (Biotech) Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires F.D.