At Monsanto you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to do extraordinary things. By incorporating cutting-edge technology and your experience, you will push the limits of agricultural technology and help change the world. Are you ready to begin?
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful at Monsanto? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
We at Monsanto are more than 20,000 employees dedicated to contributing to a smarter way to feed the world. You can find us at 404 facilities across 67 countries. We’re a diverse group of thinkers with one common goal: helping to make a balanced meal accessible. Together, we foster a culture of inclusion and innovation and we are working for sustainable agriculture.Learn More
What's this job
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
Monsanto, a leading global provider of agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality, is seeking a talented Catalyst Research Scientist to join our Catalyst R&D team to lead the catalyst development. Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind’s greatest challenges.
• Providing technical knowledge and leadership to initiate and develop novel catalytic materials and processes for expanding new technical opportunities at Monsanto’s manufacturing facilities
• Identifying and developing catalytic processes for organic transformations in agrochemical chemistry
• Designing and developing reactor testing protocols for evaluating catalyst performance.
• Experience in the study of catalytic materials and reactions are necessary to guide the implementation and optimization of new catalysts for the manufacturing of agrochemicals and other key intermediates.
• Working closely with engineers in the manufacturing and engineering organizations to ensure safe and effective operation of new technologies. Lab studies, computer modeling, and plant-scale experiments will be used in the implementation of new technologies.
• Collaborating with others in R&D, engineering, and manufacturing as part of a dynamic team-based environment and collaborating with scientists in organizations both inside and outside Monsanto.
Required Education & Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline with five years of industrial experience –OR- minimum of a PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
• Hands-on experience in heterogeneous catalyst development, materials science, and characterizations
• Exceptional communication skills (written & verbal) with a proven ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to independently drive collaborative projects and to develop and communicate recommendations
• Ability to work in a matrix environment with excellent relationship, networking, and collaboration skills
• Strong learning aptitude and agility
• Demonstrated innovation and critical thinking skills
• Ability to travel up to 5% of the time as needed
Desired Education & Skills/Experience:
• PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline -AND- two or more years of relevant research/engineering experience in post-doctoral and/or industry setting
• Hands-on experience in various reactor designs
• Experience on heterogeneous catalyst development for organic transformation
• Three or more years of experience in industry
• Experience in agrochemical research and development
• Working knowledge of experimental design and statistical methods
• Experience with development, scale-up, and transfer of production processes to commercial manufacturing
• Demonstrated cross-functional project experience
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More