Business Process Owner/LIMS Manager
St. Louis, Missouri, US apply now Apply Later Job ID 01FIA
apply now Apply Later
Feeding the world takes more than seeds and good soil: It takes ideas and data. It takes information and analytics. As Monsanto tackles its mission to feed a growing world, Monsanto’s software systems play a critical role.Just as Monsanto supports farmers in growing more food with fewer resources, the IT teams partner with scientists to develop IT tools to optimize the scientist’s daily work. These tools enable data collection, data connectivity & analysis, reporting, and storage & retrieval. This partnership is facilitated by the Business Process Owner (BPO), who will be the liaison to the IT groups for Reg Sci Product Characterization team.
As Business Process Owner you will work with both business and IT partners to ensure continuous improvement, governance, process integrity, and business objectives are achieved. You will possess strong scientific knowledge of the business process area as well a strong IT aptitude, particularly in the LIMS area. A proven track record of LIMS development, support, training, and connectivity are a must for this opportunity. You will also be responsible for maintaining and upgrading existing LIMS as well as developing new LIMS in partnership with external vendors.
You will be broadly responsible for understanding the needs and the long-range business strategy to enable the team to develop both the short term and long range IT strategy, and prioritize the needs. You will also help coordinate projects by partnering in requirement gathering, testing, and support. An ability to understand the business nuances and the connectivity between different teams will be critical.
Strong relationships and the ability to partner will be an essential aspect of this role, partnering with the business, across other business areas, and with IT collogues. You will help develop and drive the IT strategy in Regulatory Sciences, provide leadership to others on the team and help communicate the strategy to the broader Regulatory community.
Monsanto hires curious, self-directed learners who keep these skills up to date with the latest technologies. Our employees are expert problem solvers who can be successful even with complex and high-uncertainty challenges. They are excellent communicators who persuasively promote innovative new approaches that bring value to their customers.Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, IT or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience with LIMS software development, deployment and support experience; proven examples of success in an IT partnership.
- Experience in requirement gathering, testing, and/or implementation of software applications.
- Ability to organize & communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical people across functional teams.
- Ability to challenge the paradigm in a productive manner.
- Experience with microservices/APIs.
- Experience with software development or advanced IT applications, such as, Nintex workflows, Teamsite development, and Spotfire.
- Interest in continuing to learn and develop in the IT space.
- General knowledge of protein biochemistry and molecular biology
- Knowledge of scientific regulations; GLP Lab compliance standards