We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Software/Infrastructure Skilled
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Team Player
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Loves to Code
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are currently seeking a motivated Business Experience Architect. This position will be located in St. Louis, MO, reporting to the Revenue Optimization IT Lead.
As a Business Experience Architect, you will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you work cooperatively with many other people including development teams, business stakeholders and global end-users. You are able to effectively prioritize your day to ensure results on both short-term immediate initiatives while advancing bigger picture, long term efforts. You can effectively balance depth of subject-matter expertise with a breath across many competencies, in order to effectively communicate. You love engaging our business partners and IT technical teams to deliver the best solutions.
- Partner with business stakeholder to identify opportunities by understanding strategic themes, drivers, and environmental factors
- Create a plan with stakeholders to redefine existing strategies and values, including documenting objectives and mapping KPis
- Conduct AS-IS state workshops and/or interviews with impacted personas to understand behaviors, goals, tasks, tools, workflows, friction points, risks, and priorities and document results via journey maps and personas
- Lead discussions with stakeholders to ideate and prioritize new business processes
- Define value chain components and assign matching KPIs
- Translate business solution into an engaging experience for impacted personas
- Facilitate feedback sessions with impacted personas to assess "to-be" experience, analyze findings and iterate designs
- Identify capabilities and align experience to objectives, values and KPIs
- Assess maturity of current capabilities
- Define maturity targets of impacted capabilities to meet objectives and KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline preferred
- 5+ years of experience in IT & Business Process improvements
- Candidates with no Bachelor’s degree must have a minimum of 7+ years of IT & Business workflow experience
- Strong knowledge of marketing systems (rebates & invoice discounts) or financial systems
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Ability to think strategically about technology and execute as necessary.
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as software design & development, and user experience.
- Knowledge of biotechnology or commercial agricultural seed product management.
- Experience with agile methodology or SCRUM.
- Experience creating and documenting detailed workflows & capabilities, business processes, fit/gap analysis, and business cases for IT software or systems.
- Ability to identify system solutions as well as communicate functional design specifications.
- Ability to reconcile input from multiple sources to build and drive the feature development plan for an application or suite of research applications.
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More