At Monsanto you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to do extraordinary things. By incorporating cutting-edge technology and your experience, you will push the limits of agricultural technology and help change the world. Are you ready to begin?
- Level: All
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer at Monsanto? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Software/Infrastructure Skilled
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Team Player
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Loves to Code
- Working in a Matrix
Monsanto encourages us to think outside of the box to solve complex issues. I really enjoy working for Monsanto: I feel that I am a part of something really important.
– Nicole, IT Product Manager
What's this job
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
The Information Technology team at Monsanto integrates technology and scientific expertise into our efforts to revolutionize plant breeding and biotechnology. As an IT professional with Monsanto, the work you perform will be interesting and challenging, and you’ll be directly involved in the development of new systems and applications. Working in Monsanto IT, you can feel proud that the work you do directly affects Monsanto and helps to support our goals of producing more, conserving more and improving lives all across the globe.
Monsanto has built an industry-leading Big Data Platform to transform domains as diverse as genomics to precision agriculture. We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to help drive the growth of this platform as we pursue our mission of feeding the world while conserving resources and improving lives.
- Partner with other engineering teams to help architect and build the data pipeline that ingest hundreds of billions of observations into our data science platform.
- Expand capability using various open source data processing technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and Neo4J into our infrastructure.
- Become an expert of AWS services that we leverage. Help to efficiently integrate our big data infrastructure in the AWS cloud.
- Build services and tools to make our infrastructure more accessible to all our data scientists.
- Enable specific initiatives to build our capability – from In-Silico Breeding, Connected Fields, Genomics-based Discovery and more.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More