At Monsanto you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to do extraordinary things. By incorporating cutting-edge technology and your experience, you will push the limits of agricultural technology and help change the world. Are you ready to begin?
- Level: All
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer at Monsanto? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Software/Infrastructure Skilled
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Team Player
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Loves to Code
- Working in a Matrix
Monsanto encourages us to think outside of the box to solve complex issues. I really enjoy working for Monsanto: I feel that I am a part of something really important.
– Nicole, IT Product Manager
What's this job
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
- Establish a strong partnership with application development teams to understand business needs and develop appropriate application security controls. This will involve working closely with scrum teams to understand current Application Security Practices and Maturity
- Lead the effort to develop reusable application security patterns, frameworks, and best practices leveraging industry best practices (OWASP, BSIMM, ASVs)
- Establish a culture of secure application development by assisting Scrum Teams in adopting secure coding best practices and frameworks and practices to ensure compliance
- Establish validation and metrics that demonstrate application security maturity/compliance across organization
- Technical depth and expertise in application security technologies with a deep knowledge on application security threats
- Experience with software security threat vectors, threat modeling, attack surface analysis, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments
- Passion for collaboration and partnership with application development teams working with agile development methodologies
- Experience with large-scale, custom distributed software systems in Java, Scala and/or C#
- Background in system design with SOA/REST/Micro Services
- Strong knowledge of relational database design and access (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with risks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to collaborate within a matrix organization
- Ability to translate complex technical topics for non-technical personnel & senior leadership
- Experience developing and deploying Secure Cloud Applications
- Experience developing and deploying Secure Mobile Applications
- Experience with NoSQL stores (e.g., MongoDB, Couchbase, Neo4J)
- Experience with search/analytics tools (e.g. ElasticSearch, Solr)
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More