We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Software/Infrastructure Skilled
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Team Player
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Loves to Code
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are seeking a motivated Application Security Engineer. This position will be located in St. Louis, MO and reporting to the Application Security Lead.
As an Application Security Engineer in the Information Security Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping to ensure that software is designed and developed securely while supporting the agility to rapidly develop products for our business and customers. Through collaboration across IT, this role will help create and foster a culture of secure application development.
- Partner with application development teams to understand business needs and develop appropriate application security controls. This will involve working closely with scrum teams to understand current Application Security Practices and Maturity
- Apply reusable application security patterns, frameworks, and best practices leveraging industry best practices (ISO, OWASP, NIST, SANS)
- Foster a culture of secure application development by assisting Scrum Teams in adopting secure coding best practices and frameworks and practices to ensure compliance
- Assist teams with overall implementation of cyber security requirements within applications and related to working within security parameters of hardened systems
- Perform ongoing application security work to measure, monitor, and roll out continuous improvement
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- 3+ years of experience in Application Development
- Technical depth in application security technologies with knowledge of application security threats
- Experience with software security threat vectors
- Passion for collaboration and partnership with application development teams working with agile development methodologies
- Experience with large-scale, custom distributed software systems (e.g., Java, Scala, C#)
- Understanding of system design with API's/REST/Micro Services
- Knowledge of relational database design and access (e.g., PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL)
- Ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with risks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to collaborate within a matrix organization
- Ability to translate technical topics for non-technical personnel & leadership teams
- Bachelor's Degree
- Familiarity with secure development within a Cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience developing and deploying Secure Mobile Applications
- Experience with NoSQL stores (e.g., MongoDB, Couchbase, Neo4J)
- Experience with search and logging tools (e.g. ElasticSearch, CloudWatch, Splunk)
- Experience with threat modeling, attack surface analysis, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments
- Experience with static and dynamic application security testing
- 1+ years of experience in Application Security
- Certification (e.g., CISSP, GIAC, AWS)
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More