We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Software/Infrastructure Skilled
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Team Player
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Loves to Code
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are seeking a motivated Application Security Analyst. This position will be located in St. Louis, MO reporting to our Security Assurance Lead.
As an Application Security Analyst in the Information Security Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping development teams identify vulnerabilities and security defects to enable secure software development while supporting the agility needed to rapidly deliver products to our business and customers.
- Create sustainable and automated processes for Static Application Security Testing (SAST) to enable development teams to identify vulnerabilities throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Enhance, extend and automate processes for Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) to enable development teams to identify vulnerabilities in our deployed web applications and allow teams to self-management the testing tools for scalability.
- Automate risk assessments, health checks, and regular reporting / metrics by integrating various security assurance and associated tools via 3rd-party APIs.
- Collaborate with application security, vulnerability management and development resources to ensure application security testing is effectively identifying vulnerabilities within our developed applications and supporting the company’s application security program.
- Collaborate with other members of the Security Assurance team on vulnerability identification, assessment, reporting, and remediation validation.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- A passion for organizing large data sets into useable information and thinking rationally about the meaning of this information.
- Professional experience developing automated processes via scripts or developed applications to transform data and generate human and machine consumable outputs (e.g., Excel, CSV).
- Experience working with others following processes to establish / maintain services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to collaborate within a matrix organization.
- Experience with, or a willingness to learn about, various application security threats and software security threat vectors.
- Experience with static and dynamic application security testing (SAST / DAST).
- 1+ years of experience in Information Security.
- Experience with Integrated Risk Management (IRM) / Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) platforms (e.g., RSA Archer).
- Experience with logging tools (e.g. Splunk).
- Familiar with utilizing application programming interfaces (APIs) in 3rd-party tools / web applications to automate previously manual or new processes.
- Experience with vulnerability assessments.
- Experience establishing and documenting repeatable procedures.
- Experience utilizing Kanban or other Agile methodologies to complete work.
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More