We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Add some skills for this category
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are currently seeking a talented Analytics Data Engineer. This role will be located in St. Louis, MO, reporting to the Data Science Implementation Lead.
In this role, the candidate will work closely with the data science group to transition our predictive models into a production environment. In addition, the candidate will also invent and/or expand the impact of in-house innovations across geographies.
- Work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources, and various formats.
- Work on all aspects of the design, development, validation, scaling and delivery of analytical solutions.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary scientists, organize challenging problems, develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these solutions deliver value.
- Use proficiency and experience with all aspects of the software development process (Agile planning, testing, development, performance optimization, refactoring, debugging, production support), and all components of software delivery (infrastructure, networking, operating systems, middleware, application runtimes, service integration, data and databases, production monitoring) to address complex problems.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in programming languages, algorithms and data structures, distributed computing and multi-threading, distributed databases, fault-tolerance, relational and non-relational data modeling and other advanced topics that power modern applications.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely-related field
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience using R, Python, Java and/or Scala
- Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
- A passion for building highly automated systems
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Scala, Spark etc.)
- Experience authoring workflows (using technology like Apache Airflow)
- Experience provisioning and maintaining highly-available, fault-tolerant IT infrastructure including servers, storage, and data stores
- Cloud operation experience: running real workloads in the cloud and diagnosing and fixing problems
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field
- Java programming experience
- Creativity in validating and optimizing analytic solutions
- Cloud Operation Experience with AWS
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More