We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of existing and proposed Federal, State and Local environmental legislation and regulations; including CAA, CERCLA, CWA, EPCRA, HSWA, NEPA, RCRA, SDWA, TRI/SARA and TSCA.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of plant operations, attend project reviews and review management of change efforts for assigned manufacturing area(s) to determine environmental impact.
- Read and interpret regulations to communicate and assist in applying those requirements to plant operations.
- Anticipate new regulations and take appropriate actions to minimize their impact through implementation of cost-effective solutions.
- Serve as a liaison between the Soda Springs plant and regulatory agencies, trade organizations, ENGO’s and the public.
- Accurately apply environmental engineering principles; and define and implement engineering solutions to environmental challenges.
- Maintain and continuously improve plant compliance management systems.
- Accurately prepare permit applications in a way that provides maximum flexibility in plant operations. Experience with complex air permitting is preferred (e.g., PSD).
- Complete accurate engineering calculations to support various environmental reporting obligations and for permit applications.
- Assist in training plant employees to comply with regulations and corporate environmental guidelines; and to understand potential compliance issues.
- Conduct internal ESH inspections/audits and participate in incident analyses.
- Act as lead person and/or technical expert on medium to large environmental projects.
- B.S. in Chemical or Environmental Engineering, or related degree; and a minimum of 7 years of related experience, preferably in a chemical/manufacturing facility.
- Broad-based technical or specialized knowledge working with multiple media (air, water, waste); and managing complex environmental projects.
- Keyboarding skills and the ability to productively use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solving skills, the ability to read and interpret complex environmental regulations and the integrity to assure compliance.
- Strong personal initiative; ability to work independently, gather relevant information and make decisions with little supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships; strong team-building skills both internally and externally.
- Must be flexible and able to react quickly and effectively to changing job demands.
- B.S. in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related fields with at least 7 to 10 years of related experience, preferably in a chemical/manufacturing facility; or M.S. with at least 5 to 7 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated skills in time management and managing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence in a broad range of situations.
- Experience with Responsible Care Management Systems (RC14001/RCMS) and ISO9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Previous experience establishing cooperative, working relationships with regulatory personnel.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More