Agronomic Operations Specialist
We are seeking a motivated Agronomic Operations Specialist. This position will be located in Sinesti, Ialomita, reporting to East EME Prod Research Regional Lead.
This position will be responsible to assist in the establishment of specific research trial topics, planting, managing, harvesting trials, managing temporary workers on the field. The Agronomic Operations Specialist will be responsible to execute Production Research field testing research program, ensure operational excellence and drive continuous improvement. The Agronomic Operations Specialist will partner with PR Scientist across hubs to drive consistency and improve our field testing processes, speed up technology adoption to drive program efficiencies, create an operational excellence culture within the region and become a safety champion for the team.
Implement Production field research protocols in Romania: execution of experiments that provide technical support to the Seed Manufacturing team for improving production cost, seed quality, production reliability based on production needs.Responsible for all aspects of coordination including: trial planting, in-season trial maintenance, harvesting, helping to run post-harvest Lab activities with Lab equipment. Administer the recruiting, training, development and retention of personnel.
·Lead production research field testing operational excellence efforts within the region.
·Test and deploy new technologies to drive efficiency and improve data quality within the region
·Partner with Prod Research counterparts in other word regions to drive alignment and consistency in testing activities.
·Promote agronomic and technical improvements within regional Prod Research team, as well as broader production organization.
·Ensure that local personnel are trained in all ESH procedures, regulatory and compliance protocols. Support safety/ESH initiatives across production research teams in EME.
·Acquire and maintain facilities and equipment for effective and efficient functioning of all programs.
·Drives operational improvements, metrics tracking and implementation of best practices through team members and along with peers.
·Operational Excellence Champion
·Knowledge of process improvement principles
·Ability to lead and supervise field crews
·Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in EN
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
• MS + 5years experience or Bachelor + 10years experience in Agronomy or related field of study. Experience working in agricultural research, technical seed production function, Breeding or Technology Development.
• Extensive knowledge of agricultural and seed production practices. Proven experience managing all aspects of field research programs, including familiarity with agricultural research equipment and safety management.
• Demonstrates strong evidence of technical achievements and advancement within specific discipline
• Proven experience working in multi-cultural, cross-regional team based environment
• Capacity to influence within matrixed organizations and across functions. Demonstrated team leadership and supervisory experience
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills; proficient in English & French
- Customer Interface Account Specialist - Native Dutch Speaker Amsterdam, North Holland
- ESH coordinator Nagyigmánd, Komárom-Esztergom
- Territory Manager - Sales (Allahabad - Veg Div)