We are seeking a motivated Environment Safety and Health Technician. This position will be located at our Othello, Washington, Foundation Corn facility and will report to our Production Lead.
The Site Safety Technician is responsible for assisting the site personnel in all facets of coordination and implementation of the site safety program. Primary key business accountabilities include:
- Working both with site management and ESH staff to achieve desired ESH goals of the site. Through leadership of
- all ESH required safety programs at site the effective employee will balance site observations, auditing, and employee coaching in day-to-day activities with documentation and development of site training and improvement areas. Promote a "zero accident tolerance" standard of safety.
- Responsible for auditing of site as required by site management and ESH staff.
- Participate in seed site safety network as required.
- Prepare and retain training documents, job safety analyses, and other documents related to site safety activities as required by site management and ESH staff.
- With site management involvement, develop cost effective structure to achieve site ESH goals.
- Possess ability to present training programs in a manner that creates employee involvement.
- Maintains compliance with ISO procedures, fills out reports, records and documents as directed, including computer data entry.
- Attend additional educational training as required, which may involve travel.
- Have practical hands on knowledge of the foundation corn manufacturing process to better understand issues and effectiveness of ESH programs.
- Performs other ESH duties as directed by site management.
- Develop and maintain site specific programs.
- High School diploma
- Valid Driver's License
- Able to work a variable shift
- Able to lift over 60lbs
- Outstanding leadership and communications skills including the capability to clearly present information to influence or persuade others through oral or written means
- Demonstrated decision-making ability essential. Self-starter and highly motivated, possessing strong problem solving skills and demonstrate ability to address issues
- Results/detail-orientation and the ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Capability to work with site management, ESH staff, and site employees in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives
- Working knowledge of ESH, Federal and Provincial regulations, bi-lingual skills, and seed production processes a plus
- Demonstrated interest/aptitude in agriculture and seed manufacturing
- Desire and ability to foster and enhance a safety culture and safe working environment
- Flexibility and ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and work demands
- Effective interpersonal communication and teamwork skills, conflict management, work accuracy, timeliness, and adaptability to change
- Two or more years of college desirable in Agronomy, Agribusiness, Engineering, ESH, or related field of study
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.