Sr. Electrical Project Engineer
- Provide electrical engineering project management to new capital projects, from project initiation through completion.
- Work with Construction Field Coordinators to define execution requirements.
- Work with Project Planners to select and purchase materials / resources.
- Visit job sites to review work activities, safety, and construction.
- Ensure systems and equipment are designed and installed in accordance with Bayer and regulatory standards with maintainability and life cycle cost considered.
- Provide engineering assistance regarding plant and corporate standards/procedures, other regulatory requirements, and plant wide electrical infrastructure.
- Provide guidance for development and maintenance of plant standards and safety requirements.
- Mentor and educate leadership, technicians, planners, and other engineers.
- Provide expertise regarding NFPA70E, power distribution, Arc Flash analysis, Electrical classification
- Serve as contact for external Power Line / Transformer issues and as AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction for electrical design/code questions).
- B.S. Degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in electrical engineer role
- Chemical manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Experience with electrical drawings (instruments, motors, electrical schematics).
- Experience with layout of construction or shutdown activities as related to project scheduling.
- Experience with NFPA70E, power distribution, Arc Flash analysis, Power Lines / Transformers.
- Technical writing expertise.
- Safety expertise that includes familiarity with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) procedures.
- Knowledge of Process Industry Practices, or Bayer Corporate Standards and Plant Standards.
- Knowledge of design codes, standards and regulations (i.e., NFPA, NEC, OSHA, ADA, ASME, etc.)
- Excellent mentoring skills.
- Previous manufacturing experience - particularly with process related equipment.
- Knowledgeable of SAP, WCM, and WCPM process.
This position is in an office of a chemical manufacturing facility that requires the ability to ascend and descend stairs on a periodic basis and the ability to access all areas of the plant. This position requires the ability to use a computer/keyboard for extended periods of time and the ability to work a full eight-hour day within the plant’s core business hours. Limited travel and after-hours support of critical needs is expected.
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.