Bayer is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Muscatine, Iowa plant as a Process Engineer. The plant is located south of Muscatine along the Mississippi River and manufactures a wide variety of crop protection products, including Roundup®, the world's best-selling herbicide. We are creative and committed, and believe that these values allow us to best serve our customers and employees. Bayer-Muscatine has steadily adapted over the last 50+ years to meet the needs of an increasing agricultural chemical market. The demonstrated flexibility and proven capabilities of the site and its workforce make this a key manufacturing location for Bayer. We are developing a pipeline of candidates for our growing team.
The person in this role will serve as a critical technical resource to lead and/or support plant optimization efforts, providing engineering support for a manufacturing unit. Deliverables include statistical monitoring of production parameters and identification, definition, and cost analysis of improvement projects. Effective Process Engineers provide technical support to troubleshoot and solve problems in their production areas.
- Assist production and maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and correcting problems related to yields, capacity, quality, environmental compliance and/or safety
- Create and modify documentation related to process operation, safety, and applicable environmental regulations, as needed
- Identify and work to implement improvement projects related to safety, yields, capacity, quality, or cost improvement
- Track key performance indicators and conversion costs pertinent to monthly raw material usage, product volumes, and technical practices
- Report daily production and regulatory compliance
Operate within corporate guidelines
- B.S. Engineering, Chemical preferred (Will consider December 2018 graduates)
- Previous Engineering Internship or Coop assignment in manufacturing or similar environment
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.