Electrical Project and Documentation Engineer
- Work with Project electrical engineers and Maintenance electrical engineers to improve plant wide electrical documentation.
- Assist Project engineers on Electrical drawing updates and final project documentation.
- Facilitate area electrical engineers to achieve step-change in electrical drawing as-built completion.
- Provide electrical engineering to new projects as assigned, from project initiation through completion.
- Develop accurate project cost estimates, and apply sound project design engineering principles.
- Develop and maintain accurate project cost forecasting and implementation schedules.
- Conduct and/or assist with project reviews and project review finding follow-up.
- Work with Construction Field Coordinators to define execution requirements.
- Work with Project Planners to select and purchase materials / resources.
- Visit job sites to validate conditions, work activities and other factors.
- Accurately document project files and closure information in a timely manner.
- Ensure systems and equipment are designed and installed in accordance with regulatory standards with maintainability and life cycle cost considered.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering (will consider December 2018 graduates)
The position requires strong communication skills, independent decision making, high initiative with a willingness to accept challenging assignments, basic engineering knowledge, and the ability to work well in a team environment in a culture that values diversity.
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Past experience with electrical drawings (instruments, motors, electrical schematics)
- Experience with layout of construction or shutdown activities as related to Project Scheduling
- Technical writing expertise.
- Safety expertise that includes familiarity with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) procedures.
- Knowledge of Process Industry Practices, and Plant Standards.
- Knowledge of design codes, standards and regulations (i.e., NFPA, NEC, OSHA, ADA, ASME, etc.)
- Previous manufacturing experience - particularly with process related equipment
- Knowledgeable of SAP, WCM, and WCPM process.
- The ability to ascend and descend stairs on a periodic basis.
- The ability to access all areas of the plant.
- Limited amount of business related travel.
- This position requires working the Muscatine Plant core business hours.
- Extended hours and weekend work required when needed to support plant activities.