LAN Costing Supervisor (ML)
Apply Now Apply Later Req ID 01SV4 Date posted 10/08/2018
Apply Now Apply Later
The Supervisor will serve as the principal finance support and business partner for the Commercial and Pre-Commercial LAN supply chain business within the North America Commercial Business Hub. This role will serve as a key member of the LAN Corn Mfg. and Planning Leadership Team for the Dekalb and CB brands. Key aspects of the role include providing financial advice and financial driven recommendations to improve business results.
This role works closely with both key Leaders and Staff within our North America Hub, Global Supply Chain Team, providing a chance to develop and enjoy value-added relationships across the business. This role also is responsible for effective coordination and partnerships with the Shared Services Cost Accounting & Analyst team both as a customer and provider of information.
This is a fast paced and exciting position that will provide extensive supply chain experience.
- Responsibility acting as CFO / Controller for the Corn Manufacturing Business with total COGS > $160M across 3 internal sites and imports from Honduras and South America production with sales across multiple LAN countries.
- Lead and develop a team of corn crop analysts and grower accountants to achieve finance objectives and personal IDPs.
- Owner in analysis and presentation of monthly financial results including comparative analysis to prior plans and results through creation of financial brides that illustrate key drivers to changes.
- Owner in development of the LRP, budget & forecast recommendation of financial costs. Engagement with key stakeholders both inside and outside supply chain to gather critical assumptions to build these plans is essential.
- Collaborates with business team to accurately project and track results including key measures such as volume, yield, discretionary and non-discretionary costs, obsolescence, and other non-standard costs.
- Must be able to provide thorough analysis and interpretation of metrics to ensure appropriate actions / decisions are taken to affect results including influencing decision making.
- Partnership with supply chain planning and product management teams on development of Y+1 Crop Plan.
- Evaluates business results and recommends alternatives to improve.
- Serve as finance support on key supply chain and commercial discussions, including plan & production targets
- Engage with hub leadership in reporting all financial information and meet all hub requirements
- Collaborate with finance lead to determine appropriate trade-offs and actions to maximize results of overall LAN Supply Chain Operations.
- Present and support quarterly site leverage reviews to engage leadership in identification and discussion for improvement opportunities.
- Collaborates with business team to develop, communicate, and execute operational tactics to achieve results including standard and non-standard costs. A key focus for the analyst will be to assist the business team in optimizing source, volume and overall COGS through thoughtful leadership and operational excellence.
- Engage in financial evaluation of external partner contracts to ensure alignment with supply chain strategy.
- Provides technical accounting solutions to a wide range of difficult business problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practical, and consistent with business objectives.
- Ensure sites and leads are compliant with all relevant CCP’s and accounting standards
- Take on additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed.
- BS in Accounting or Finance desired, with 10 or greater years of work experience. MBA, CPA, or CMA is preferred.
- Prior work experience focused in financial analysis.
- Self-driven and inspirational people leader with the ability to manage through barriers and influence decision making.
- SAP and Hyperion experience preferred.
- Autonomous and self-driven leader with strong results orientation and ability to manage through barriers.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of managing multiple projects/assignments simultaneously in an ambiguous and agile environment.
- Very strong communication skills and customer service orientation.
- Desire to drive continuous improvement in processes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships and networks.
- Understanding of GAAP, IFRS, and Corporate Controller's Polices
- Minimal travel should be expected.