Technical Agronomist - Northeast U.S.
Apply Now Apply Later Req ID 01SQ9 Date posted 08/24/2018
Apply Now Apply Later
Bayer is looking for a Technical Agronomist to be the area sales team product/agronomic leader. The territory will stretch from Ohio to New York and down to Virginia. The preferred location of this role is in Maryland or Pennsylvania. This position reports to the Regional Agronomy Lead.
The agronomist will develop and lead an innovative training program to ensure dealers and district sales managers have the product/ agronomic knowledge and skills to grow their business. The agronomist will work collaboratively with the area business manager to (i) ensure that the key elements of the brand strategy are executed in the field, (ii) develop/implement a team business plan and (iii) evaluate district sales manager agronomic skills and training needs. The agronomist will provide essential connectivity to product management making them aware of key needs, areas of strengths, and market opportunities. The agronomist efforts will ultimately result in superior sales team performance and achievement of the area's branded business goals. Also, the agronomist will collaborate with technical development representatives to position the commercial introduction of new products and services.
The Technical Agronomist will provide product/agronomic leadership by:
- Being the undisputed team expert on products, traits, and services.
- Developing an agronomic skill set that includes detailed knowledge of local production practices, ability to recommend best management practices and the capability to manage product performance inquiries.
- Developing materials and field activities that support the brand experience.
- Ensuring key agronomic resources and messages (using all types of media) are available to the district sales managers, dealers, and customers.
- Establishing an agronomic support network within and outside of the company.
- Develop and execute a product testing strategy that supports the area business goals.
- Summarize performance data to drive sales and effectively utilize available products.
- Being recognized as the team expert in utilizing GIS systems.
The Technical Agronomist will provide business leadership by:
- Assisting in development of an area forecast that will achieve volume, trait, and seed treatment targets.
- Developing an understanding of the competitive landscape and communicate business implications to the sales team.
- Engaging important audiences such as consultants, larger and influential customers.
- Providing leadership with their technical development counterparts within Local Technical Teams.
The Technical Agronomist will demonstrate operational excellence by:
- Working within budgets determined by Regional Agronomy Lead and Regional Business Director.
- Compliance with all corporate policies related to, expense, travel, procurement and sales programs.
The Technical Agronomist will provide safety leadership:
- Complies with and promotes all safety policies and program requirements.
- Modeling and coaching safety best management practices for sales team and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Ag/Life Sciences or related discipline completed prior to start date
- Work experience in an agronomic related field -- either through field research, ag sales, extension work, or farm management
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment
- Technical Agronomists are expected to be in engaged with their team members approximately 80% of the time with overnight travel in the range of 10-30%
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds. (a bag of seed)
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.)
- Master’s and/or PhD in an Ag/Life Sciences or related discipline
- Consultative agronomic experience preferably in row crops (corn, soybeans, cotton) and/or precision ag
- Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) certification
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work with limited direction and make decisions independently
- Strong verbal and listening communication skills with the ability to creatively solve agronomic problems and provide timely and sound recommendations
- Good interpersonal relationships and capable of building strong work relationships with external stakeholders and internally across all levels the organization (i.e. technical and sales organizations)
- Demonstrated leadership and consensus-building. Comfortable speaking in front of people with the ability to make clear and compelling presentations/trainings
- Strong computer skills (i.e. mobile technology (tablets/smart phones), scientific/statistical software, precision farming/GIS systems, basic knowledge of databases and information reporting tools, etc.)
- Proficient at reading field protocols, research literature, and field reports translating data/statistics into market related information
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
- Technicien(ne) Usine assistant logistique magasin (H/F) Peyrehorade, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
- Seed Processing Plant Technician Trèbes, Occitanie
- Summer Legal Intern St Louis, Missouri
Jobs Nearest to You
- Technicien(ne) Usine assistant logistique magasin (H/F) Peyrehorade, France
- Coordinateur Amélioration Continue H/F Trèbes, France
- Responsable Opérationnel (H/F) Peyrehorade, France