Summer Agronomy Associate - Market Development Agronomy Associate (4 months) - Manitoba
Bayer Crop Science is a world leader providing growers with innovative products and solutions for agriculture and environmental health. We are seeking highly motivated Summer Agronomy Associates to join our successful team for the Summer of 2019.
From your first day as a Summer Student you will be a contributing member of the team with meaningful responsibilities. Our goal is to provide interesting and challenging work while at the same time have fun and celebrate successes.
The terms of these positions vary based on environmental conditions and availability of candidates. However, the terms will typically start in April/May and end between August/September. We offer an orientation program, on the job training, a competitive compensation package, and this role provides you with opportunity to expand your knowledge.
Location(s): There are several positions available in multiple locations. We have positions in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta.
- Coordinate and manage Market Development and Demonstration Trials for Crop Protection, Canola, Corn and Soybeans
- Assist with communication to Bayer retail and grower customers
- Assist with customer field scouting
- Data collection and summary reports through observation of trials
- Assist with retail and grower summer tours and promotional events
- Other duties and projects as required
- Agronomic knowledge attained through pursuing your degree in Agriculture or another academic discipline coupled with experience in Agriculture industry.
- Currently enrolled in an Associate’s (Diploma), Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree program and you must be returning to school upon completion of the summer internship - to either continue program of study or begin an advanced degree in the fall.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as contributing to a dynamic team environment;
- Ability to deliver results
- Attention to details
- Experience operating farm equipment is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Application Deadline: (Apply Early, Role may close sooner if a suitable candidate is secured)
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
- EME – Procurement Finance Analyst 12 months contract (maternity cover) Budapest, Budapest
- Seed Technician - Matthews, MO (Multiple Opportunities) Matthews, Missouri
- Process Engineer Muscatine, Iowa