We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
- Provide input around the mechanical and functional aspects of the plant design efforts
- Review and develop mechanical specifications, piping specifications, layouts and trouble shooting plans
- Act as an interface between Global Engineering and plant engineering
- Provide guidance for equipment/parts set up in SAP
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance plans for equipment.
- Assist in the development of process documentation
- Assist with training design and implementation for mechanical maintenance
- Assist in the oversight of Mechanical construction activities
- Develop materials as needed for the checkout and start up of the facility
- Assist in the checkout, water batching and startup of a new facility
- Possibly manage one or more specific portions of work for the project
- Assume maintenance engineer responsibilities following start-up, to support regular manufacturing operations including maintaining equipment, providing leadership in maintenance work processes and determining opportunities for optimization.
- Comprehensive Benefits package including: Short term annual incentive bonus opportunity, company-provided core retirement contribution, 401k with company match, several health insurance options to choose, tuition reimbursement, long & short term disability options and much more.
- Paid time off
- 14 Paid Holidays (including Mon & Tues of Mardi Gras and All Saints Day)
- Strong professional development planning, coaching and support; both within the role, and preparing you for your next step in your career with Monsanto.
- Expect to be valued and appreciated for what you contribute and who you are
- Travel required at times in including occasional weekend travel
- Adherence to the optional 9-80 work schedule cannot be guaranteed
- Extended work hours will be expected during portions of the project
- B. S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Ability to think strategically to improve plant operability, maintainability and reliability
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and as part of a diverse team composed of fellow engineers, operations personnel, maintenance personnel and leadership.
- Must be able to perform work in a manufacturing plant environment, including ascending/descending stairs and ladders.
- Previous work experience in the manufacturing or handling of sulfuric acid and/or general solvents
- Previous experience in a refinery environment
- Previous experience with any of the following:
- Solids handling
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More
- EME – Procurement Finance Analyst 12 months contract (maternity cover) Budapest, Budapest
- Seed Technician - Matthews, MO (Multiple Opportunities) Matthews, Missouri
- Process Engineer Muscatine, Iowa