We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
- Provide process control auditing on performance metrics and troubleshooting support to production personnel as needed to identify and correct problems that impact raw material yields, capacity, safety, and product quality.
- Create/maintain process, safety, and environmental documentation, including process flow diagrams, operating instructions, management of change (MOC) forms, etc.
- Analyze data utilizing statistical tools.
- Assist manufacturing leadership in identifying improvements related to raw material yields, capacity, energy, quality, product safety and the environment.
- Provide technical assistance on daily operations activities and issues.
- Support on stream time and downtime tracking efforts, identifying improvement opportunities.
- Participate as a member of area and plant teams, including safety, optimization, World Class Maintenance (WCM), etc.
- Communicate closely with area operations personnel and as needed, provide technical training.
- Work closely with area personnel to monitor and improve the efficiency, output, quality and safety of the unit.
- Review process and lab data to see if corrections to the process are warranted.
- Identify and report process safety near misses.
- Monitor ongoing environmental performance of the unit to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Support execution of Environmental Compliance Duties including area release reviews and reporting.
- Manage product quality.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Guide & mentor production technicians.
- Support unit leadership in the oversight of start up and shutdown for major events.
- Provide on-call area support.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (Will consider December 2018 or May 2019 graduates)
- Intermediate proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and as part of a diverse team composed of fellow engineers, operations, personnel, and leadership
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on and balance multiple assignments and priorities
- Must be able to perform work in a manufacturing environment, which includes ascending and descending stairs and ladders
- Strong safety ethic
- Previous engineering experience in manufacturing, engineering or related field
- At least 2-5 years of experience working as a Chemical Engineer
- Knowledge of batch/continuous process control techniques and unit operations, either Provox or Delta V.
- Ability to apply statistics and Six-Sigma tools in a manufacturing environment
- Experience or training in project definition, design and process control
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More