Chemical Engineer Intern (Luling, LA)
Apply Now Apply Later Req ID 01S4Q Date posted 08/28/2018
Apply Now Apply Later
We are seeking a motivated Chemical Engineer Intern. This position will be in Luling, LA, reporting to our Maintenance Area Leader.
The Luling facility has a summer internship opening available for a former intern or co-op who is currently pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering and has completed at least their sophomore year. Internship assignments are offered for approximately twelve weeks during the months of May through August of 2019.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Helping improve our chemical processes
- Working on yield/process capacity improvements, waste reductions and reduction of cycle times
- Cost improvements and/or modification/design of equipment.
The successful candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills, effective problem-solving skills, and a high level of enthusiasm for the engineering profession. They must also have the ability to work well within a diverse team, strong results orientation, and a strong willingness to learn.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a Chemical Engineering degree program
- Completed at least the sophomore year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Must be returning to school upon completion of the internship to continue program of study
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
- EME – Procurement Finance Analyst 12 months contract (maternity cover) Budapest, Budapest
- Seed Technician - Matthews, MO (Multiple Opportunities) Matthews, Missouri
- Process Engineer Muscatine, Iowa