Chemical Engineer Co-op (Luling, LA)
Apply Now Apply Later Req ID 01S4J Date posted 08/28/2018
Apply Now Apply Later
We are seeking a motivated Chemical Engineer Co-Op. This position is in Luling, LA, reporting to our Operations Leader.
The Luling facility has a Co-op opening available for a college student pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering who has completed at least their sophomore year. Co-op assignments are for approximately six months and are offered for either the spring or fall term of 2019.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Helping improve our chemical processes
- Working on yield/process capacity improvements, waste reductions and reduction of cycle times
- Cost improvements
- Modification/design of equipment.
The successful candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills, effective problem-solving skills, and a high level of enthusiasm for the engineering profession. They must also have the ability to work well within a diverse team, strong results orientation, and a strong willingness to learn.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a Chemical Engineering degree program
- Completed at least the sophomore year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Must be returning to school upon completion of co-op term to continue program of study
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.