Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer
Apply Now Apply Later Req ID 01VEI Date posted 12/19/2018
Apply Now Apply Later
Our mission “Bayer: Science for A Better Life” guides our endeavors to address some of today’s most pressing global challenges in health and nutrition through better medicines and a sufficient quantity of high-quality food for a steadily growing and aging population. Achieving this vision requires inspiration, innovation, and a passion for applying state-of-the-art technology to revolutionize agriculture. We are seeking an Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer with these core strengths to support our seed production facility in Lubbock, Texas.
The role will be site-based and provide ongoing support to the Lubbock cotton seed production facility including providing on-site electrical & instrumentation engineering expertise to ensure the site is able to meet business objectives. This role has the opportunity to work with a broad team, cutting edge equipment and state-of-the-art facilities to truly make an impact.
- Lead facility development and maintenance of electrical & process control design needs
- Ability to effectively implement a project to completion including testing & design
- Support plant operations by resolving production and downtime issues and ensuring the site is capable of meeting monthly, quarterly, and yearly business objectives.
- Actively partner with the site maintenance team to plan on-going & yearly maintenance activities
- Partner with the Site Lead & site Mechanical Engineer to develop the site’s capital plan, identify potential projects for inclusion in the plan
- Act as the site manufacturing representative on large and small capital project teams as needed
- Effectively deliver electrical equipment specifications, lighting design, purchase requisitions, approve vendor drawings, and development of construction bid packages as needed
- Lead and/or participate in other initiatives as needed
Qualifications – Required Skills/ Experience
• M.S. or B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
• Highly motivated with a results-oriented approach
• Capability to clearly present information and influence or persuade others through oral or written communications
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
• Capable of working with minimal supervision
• Ability to be on call for off-hour site support needs
• Good working knowledge of operations research, statistics and data analysis
• 10% travel
Qualifications – Desired Skills/Experience
• 5+ years electrical power design experience
• Detailed knowledge of the National Electric Code
• Broad knowledge of general industry standards & practices
• Experience with project design, package development, implementation & checkout
• Knowledge of process improvement principles such as Lean and Six Sigma
• Experience with agriculture and seed manufacturing a plus
• Experience working in and/or leading in a matrix environment
• Knowledge of multi-crop seed production practices desired
• Computer proficiencies including process modeling software, CAD, SAP
• Experience working with Process Control Systems
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.