Apply Now Apply Later Req ID 01MY1 Date posted 07/04/2018
Apply Now Apply Later
Responsible for planning and managing all activities related to field quality, seed processing quality assurance in the plant, handling of customer complaints and to ensure foundation seed quality assurance, support analyzing of seed samples for physical purity, germination and grading
- To assist in the collection of reliable data, the analysis of such data to allow proactive remedial actions where necessary and the application of such data for continual improvement in producing future seed crops. KPi’s and metrics
- To assist field management in obtaining and maintaining continuous quality, particularly genetic quality.
- Manage and develop personnel working in the processing plant quality team to enable a robust quality assurance system producing seed that conforms to required standards.
- To assist the Country Quality Manager in compiling and publishing technical manuals for support to the Growers.
- To be instrumental in establishing and maintaining the ISO 9901:2015 QMS, by serving as internal ISO QMS auditor and ISO Coordinator for the field quality assurance team.
- Support investigation of customer complaints applicable to seed quality and other issues related to the seed supply (production) division.
- To adhere to all Monsanto safety requirements and to monitor safety in the field, as well as providing necessary safety training to all new and current personnel.
- Budget management
- Preparation of samples and documents for physical purities, germination and controls
- Evaluation of physical purities and grading
- Evaluation of germination
- Recording of results
- Filing of records for inspection purposes
- Maintaining samples for retaining purposes
- Conforming to ESH regulations
- All preparations and testing must be completed according to the ISTA rules and Internal Monsanto standards
Required Education, Experience and Knowledge
Agricultural degree or related field
5 years’ experience in seed production or research
Knowledge of seed quality, seed testing, and seed conditioning.
Knowledge of seed testing methods, chemicals, products, and equipment.
Knowledge of the Quality Management System.
Ability to verbally communicate with employees and customers.
Ability to apply conflict resolution skills
Theoretical course in Seed Science
Practical course in seed analysis
- A MSc degree in Agriculture, preferably Agronomy/Plant Production
- Experience in a seed laboratory
- Knowledge of SAP
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.