Sales Representative Botaville
Main Purpose of Job
Create demand for DEKALB varieties amongst customers and add value to the DEKALB brand.
Collaborate with business plan development and execute operational strategy for the sales region.
Meet business goals and working to achieve long term growth of the DEKALB varieties and value added products.
Drive the growth of Monsanto’s business within sales region.
1.Develop, execute, and continuously improve a regional operational plan for sales that increases customer engagement, DEKALB market share, and profitability.
2.Deliver on budget and forecast with >95% accuracy.
3.Research and understand the needs of the customer and provide an oversight on prospective business opportunities to increase sales and product/system adoption.
4.Understand competitor activities and mitigate.
5.Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of products in the various market segments.
6.Categorize and prioritize customers per RADL methodology and implement touch point programs.
7.Ensuring execution of marketing promotions, merchandizing support in distribution channels, strategic communication and marketing programs as per strategy.
8.Establish the necessary agronomic trials to effectively demonstrate the value of our products and the agronomic practices needed to maximize profitability and minimize risk.
9.Work with the TD team in the areas of pre-commercial trials, hybrid advancement, product training, complaint handling, agronomic interventions and interface with external stakeholders.
10.Maintain and develop relationship with the customer’s full accountabilities of money collection from the customers on time and be proactive in early money collection.
11.Provide input and be participatory towards periodic marketing activities like market situation, surveys, feedback and intelligence about price, competition, channel, customer and stakeholders.
12.Execute key FTO initiatives in the region along with corporate engagement team, as required.
13.Ensure stewardship guidelines are communicated and implemented by customers.
14.Be compliant to all policies, procedures and processes.
SALES COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Account Planning.
2. Product, Portfolio and Agronomic Knowledge.
3. Digital Tools and Analytics.
4. Sales Effectiveness.
PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Results focused.
2. Customer focused.
3. Strong communication and negotiation skills.
4. Enjoys working in a team.
5. Able to work with autonomy and willing to travel intensively on business (80% of the time).
6. Able to prioritize.
7. Assertive and takes initiative to make things happen.
8. Technical skills.
9. Valid driver’s license and experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field.
2. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
3. Work Experience: 3+ years’ sales/ account management experience, with at least 18 months in the agricultural industry.
4. Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
5. Should be willing to relocate if required.