Office Administrative Assistant - Canola
Bayer is currently seeking an experienced Office Administrative Assistant to support our Lethbridge, Alberta Canola Seed production site personnel in all activities related to general office and site production duties.
Scope of responsibility includes:
- Oversee Safety and ISO training for New Employees, Summer Staff, field team Supervisors and temporary field worker. Majority of the training occurs in the spring and summer months. Assist site leadership in documentation of training records, calibration records in order to meet current ISO standards. Take ownership of the Computer based training system for the site and develop online training modules.
- Fill in as a Supervisor during field activities with Roguers (temporary field labor) as needed. This is over a two-month period in the summer, twice a week.
- Organize, train and conduct sample processing for Commercial Indirt lots. Updating procedures for sampling, actual sample preparation, sample splitting, labeling, documentation and ship samples to outside labs and documenting shipments. Own this system for the months of August to early November.
- Perform sample processing for commercial clean lots as generated from the cleaning plant operations. This is from September through to April. This includes actual sample preparation, sample splitting, labeling, documentation and ship samples to outside labs and documenting shipments.
- Administrative support to the Site Lead, Production Research Lead, Breeding Lead, and NAFTA Lead.
- Maintain a working knowledge of international shipping requirements. Tracking package progress, working with various couriers to obtain fastest and most cost efficient shipping methods. This includes requesting APHIS/ PHYTO’s, arranging international transportation/ carriers, assembling proper shipping documents for shipments to Chile, US and France. Packaging and loading as required. Create and manage internal shipping of parent seed to growers through Bill Of Lading procedure, along with seed reconciliation.
- Coordinate time entry, organize shift schedules, and associated reports for male removal and trimming equipment operators. Manage time entry, help with organizing arrival, field supervisory activities for rouging activities during summer employment.
- Receive and code invoices for Accounts Payable. Track costs for specific projects to accommodate budget needs.
- Organize various meetings and conferences both on site and off site. Includes arranging sound systems and other necessary equipment for a successful meeting. Order in meals for meetings.
- Arrange interviews with potential summer students at Site Lead’s request. Organize selected staff’s hire packages, send to HR, and work with head office to organize trucks, credit cards and necessary equipment for summer employment.
- Set up and assist Summer Staff upon arrival.
- SAP work which can include as a backup for:
- budget entry
- contact entry
- invoice posting and entry
- purchase orders entry and misc.
- Research, create and document various projects requested by other Monsanto staff. Set up systems and procedures as requested.
- Set up and manage Management of Change documentation and approval tracking.
- Assist in leading adherence to Company sponsored ES&H initiatives.
- Act as Driver Coordinator for Lethbridge site.- reporting mileage for Summer staff and tracking site truck mileage.
- Assist in general office administration and housekeeping.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience or training in general office administration or management is required
- Excellent knowledge and ability to effectively operate all Microsoft Office programs
- Self-starter and highly motivated, possessing strong problem solving skills and demonstrate ability to address issues. Takes initiative to make decisions and ask questions related to assigned tasks.
- This position must be able to balance multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
Desired Skills / Education / Experience
- Post Secondary Education
- Experience with onboarding new employees