Apply Now Apply Later Req ID 01KJ4 Date posted 10/04/2017
Apply Now Apply Later
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated Seed Technician with the ability to work as a member of the Trait and Pipeline Delivery Team in Kunia, HI. The individual will assist in all facets of the Agronomy program to support seed production and research. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in all operations related to the agronomic management of crops, including planting, field prep, irrigation/fertigation and crop protection. This is a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented staff and contribute to the overall success of the site through timely, efficient delivery of high quality seed.
- Assist with all aspects of the team including but not limited to: planting, field prep, irrigation/fertigation, crop protection, and maintenance.
- Documenting accurate records of all agronomic activities associated to each field and farm.
- Adhere to Monsanto and government regulations for handling and growing transgenic crops.
- Follow and support all site safety rules and regulations, including performing safety inspections and training to ensure a safe working environment.
- Perform basic mechanical and preventative maintenance on field equipment.
- Operate and maintain vehicles and farm equipment that are required for the job.
- Assist in other projects and perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient operation of computers and mobile devices
- Ability to work without direct supervision in a diverse team environment
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks during peak seasons, along with working extended hours
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the ability to listen
- Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
Associate's or Bachelor's in a science-related field
Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices as well as farm equipment operation and repair
Experience with GIS and other advanced agronomic technologies
Demonstrated record of process improvement and innovation