Hawaii Foundation Site Lead
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Hawaii Supply Chain leadership team. The Site Lead reports to the Hawaii Supply Chain Lead and is responsible for ensuring consistent, reliable and high quality product delivery for customers while maintaining freedom to operate for Monsanto operations.
The Site Lead is responsible for a team focused on ensuring consistent, reliable, high quality plant/field operations and product delivery for downstream partners/customers. She/he Lead will maintain a strong relationship with Supply Chain and other supporting Leaders to set the strategic direction for their site and across sites. The Site is expected to get results through high personal proficiency, innovation, staff empowerment, delegation of tasks, process improvement and regional collaboration.
- Collaborate with peers across sites and regional leadership to develop organizational and operational strategies
- Demonstrates tactical leadership consistently with delegation and empowerment
- Optimize people performance and development through mentoring, coaching, appraisals/reviews, providing developmental opportunities, training and recognition
- Create a culture of continuous improvement focused on innovation, cost efficiency, product delivery speed and quality of product delivered
- Provide leadership and direction in establishing and maintaining a site culture dedicated to the highest level of Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) and Quality Management performance
- Use data to create KPI's that drive operational improvements and strategic decisions ensuring performance expectations are met
- Encourage employee community involvement to cultivate trust and promote our company brand
- Ensure adherence to quality, stewardship and compliance policies, processes, and requirements and compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Provide leadership in LEAN manufacturing fundamentals: Integrate multiple disciplines, processes and teams to create an empowering, learning environment that prioritizes site values and employee ownership of work processes
- Champion operational excellence strategy: Pursues an integrated supply chain, understands the gains derived from implementing world class manufacturing techniques and has a long-term vision and strategy of improving operations
- Deliver Supply Chain/Monsanto Hawaii - One Team vision: Identifies and delivers on opportunities to drive value through improved alignment across business functions
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years progressive work experience in manufacturing, production, operations management or related area
- 5+ years of people management experience leading technical and non-technical teams
- Highly developed people leadership, talent management, interpersonal skills including influencing, coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution, relationship management and project management
- Demonstrated track record of continuous improvement and leading employees to success. Ensure appropriate goals are established for all direct reports and teams completing periodic reviews
- Ability to manage change and prioritize as necessary to meet business and/or customer deadlines
- Degree discipline in Agronomy, Crop Science, Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or related area.
- Experience leading a production/manufacturing site
- Experience in seed production; preferably in corn, soybean, cotton, etc.
- Experience working in a matrix environment