We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are seeking a motivated Engineer, Automation & Process Improvement Lead. This position will be located in Juana Diaz, PR, reporting to our Juana Diaz Site Lead.
·Assist in operations and identify opportunities for process automation through technology in field and greenhouse operations including seed preparation, planting, field plot management, data collection, harvesting, environmental control, automated plant movement, etc.
·Collaborate with multi-functional process improvement technical teams to design, test, introduce and adopt new technologies into the Juana Diaz site
·Lead improvement efforts aimed at simplifying maintenance and operation of technical research equipment such as planters, hand-held computers, various robotics and computer-based seed handling, shelling, counting and packaging systems
·Develop, implement and monitor engineering and automation projects.
oMake sure that projects are carried out within the established times and budget.
·Lead the area of seed processing.
oEnsure that the quality of the seed is preserved and the compliance procedures are followed
oEnsure that the seed is delivered in quantity, quality and on time as agreed with external and internal collaborators.
·Lead the maintenance of machinery and infrastructure of the site
oImplement and follow up on a preventive maintenance program
oEnsure that the implements, machinery, equipment and infrastructure of the site are in optimal conditions to adequately perform their functions without affecting the operational areas
·Ensure compliance with the budget of the department (+ -3%).
·Maintain active and continuous communication with the rest of the programs on the site and external collaborators to ensure the proper coordination of the operation with the assigned areas.
·Follow the regulations and procedures of the company in terms of Human Resources, ESH, Compliance, QMS, business conduct, work instructions, best practices and any administrative procedures that apply to your work.
·Identify, hire and develop the best talent. Give continuous supervision, guidance and feedback to your direct and indirect reports.
·Ensure that all resources are used efficiently ("Act As The Owner").
· Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, or related fields (Master’s Degree, desired).
· 5+ years of significant people and management experience.
· Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
· Strong problem solving and proven project delivery skills.
· Experience working with large and diverse people from various backgrounds, educational levels and ability to collaborate effectively in interdisciplinary teams on site and remotely when connected to global initiatives.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills including English and Spanish.
· Ability to deal with vulnerabilities, uncertainties, complexities and ambiguities while effectively managing different projects and leading people;
· Outstanding interconnection, influence and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to listen & translate needs into solutions with return on investment and success metrics balance and prioritize tasks.
· Working experience and training on safety and finance, with solid experience/orientation towards safety, cost and process efficiency
· Ability to support innovation and future oriented concepts
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More
- Coordinateur Amélioration Continue H/F Trèbes, Occitanie
- Responsable Production des semences bases, prébases et hybrides expérimentaux H/F Trèbes, Occitanie
- Portfolio Marketing Manager - H/F Lyon, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes