EHS Safety Coordinator
Bayer is seeking a highly motivated ESH Safety Coordinator to join our site team. The ESH Safety Coordinator reports to the Manufacturing Production Lead and is a member of the Manufacturing Leadership Team. The scope of the role includes managing, overseeing and driving all aspects of the implementation and maintenance of the Manufacturing site safety programs which may include the entire Monsanto Juana Diaz site.
The ESH Safety Coordinator will maintain a strong relationship with the QMS/Compliance Lead, Site ESH Technician, ESH Specialist, Production Lead and Managers and other site personnel assigned to the production facility to resolve production challenges. The successful candidate will need to be able to adapt quickly to changes in our business, courageously face new challenges and opportunities and leverage the talents, skills and resources of team members and peers.
- Lead and drive awareness, ownership, and accountability of the ESH program at the site while working with overall Site management and ESH staff to achieve site goals
- Create, drive, and maintain ESH programs at the site; will balance site observations, auditing, and employee coaching in day-to-day activities with documentation and development of site training and improvement areas
- Responsible for leading and conducting inspections and audits of site and participate in seed site safety network
- Prepare and retain training documents, job safety analyses, and other documents related to site safety activities
- Provide and present ESH training programs in a manner that creates employee engagement
- Maintain performance metrics/KPIs along with recordkeeping systems—Environment, Safety, and Health—required to document compliance with all Monsanto and legal requirements
- Work with ESH Specialist, Corporate Environmental Affairs, and Global Engineering to evaluate and prepare environmental permit applications and/or exemption records for new and changing processes.
- Utilize a risk analysis process to evaluate new and changing processes and the effectiveness of existing requirements
- Qualifications – Required Skills/ Experience
- Minimum of a BS with 5+ years relevant experience to include knowledge of applicable government regulations (EPA, OSHA, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Results driven/detail-oriented approach and the ability to work on multiple projects with a sense of urgency.
- Capability to clearly present information and influence or persuade others through oral or written communications
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment
- Valid driver's license
- Qualifications – Desired Skills/Experience
- Preferred degree disciplines are Occupational Safety and Health, Environment Safety and Health, Safety or Environmental Management, Engineering, and Safety or Environmental Science
- Completion of OSHA’s 30 hour General Industry course
- Experience with agriculture and/or seed manufacturing
- Experience in working and/or leading in a matrix environment